Nutnfancy reviews the M&P 15 Sport

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by TheDud, May 4, 2012.

1. DieselNut

DieselNut

Actually no it was pretty seized up. In cases like this I see its value. Also do you want to be sticking your finger in a hot rifle?

2. DieselNut

DieselNut

I'd like to see him try the same test with a M&P sport to prove me (and others) right or wrong....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5CfZS6E1s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5CfZS6E1s[/ame]

Last edited: May 7, 2012

3. cyphertext

cyphertext

There are some vids out on Youtube of the Sport being abused. One that comes to mind is the one below. Hard to take a guy named "Zombie Tactics" seriously, but he did kick a bunch of crud up into his rifle. He doesn't show where he fired it, but he does describe it, and he does report a failure, after a few shots.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXhm45x3WM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXhm45x3WM&feature=related[/ame]

4. Airhasz

Airhasz

Big deal, he got his gun dirty...all I saw was buy my sling...he makes a good size target himself...during combat don't forget to tape your barrel before accidentally dropping your weapon...nice piece of kit...lol

5. cyphertext

cyphertext

Are you talking about Larry Vickers, or the guy in the vid I posted?

I don't think Larry Vicker's test with a closed dust cover, magazine in and taped up barrel prove much either.

Ah, I see from your edit you are referring to the Vickers video.

6. smitty704

smitty704

He gave it a fair, LONG review as always. :) I say long, but I like his videos. He will put a gun through lots of shooting(typically) before he does a review. He tries to test them legitimately, not just open the box and give his opinion based on looks and rumors.

He can get annoying, but I continue to watch his videos whenever a new one comes out.

Keep up the good work Nutn!

7. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

1. My thinking you're a nut has nothing to do with your opinion of the M&P15 Sport. What you're trying to say about "where I was going with this" is beyond me.

2. I use my weapon decently enough, but not well enough to brag....so I don't. And using a weapon isn't a "game". Saying so makes you sound ghetto.

3. I don't own an M&P Sport. And it's not just the grammar Police you need to worry about.....there's the spelling and punctuation cops too.

You better be ready for the EOTWAWKI, because I get the impression you're not ready for much else.

8. DieselNut

DieselNut

9. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Why couldn't you get into the AR without using the forward assist? The two have nothing to do with one another. Are you just so anal that you can't try something else until everything "looks right" even though you know that it isn't?

10. Contact

Contact

I'm not saying there are zero quality differences between the budget and the higher end AR's, because there definitely are, but one could argue that if we are throwing tape over the barrel, leaving a magazine in, and closing the dust cover, that there is no reason to believe that a sport owner couldn't just as easily throw a piece of tape of tape over the ejection port in a similar test and get similar results.

Yes, he does report a failure, but in my opinion he gave a fair torture test. If you're going to do a torture test on a rifle, give it a chance to get full of dirt everywhere that dirt can get instead of leaving it all closed up and claiming it's the most reliable gun out there. He got enough garbage in the action, and didn't protect the gun in any way and gave an honest report. I think leaving a magazine in, closing the dust cover, and taping the muzzle shut is a fairly sealed, biased test.

11. sglock45

sglock45

I've got one and it works awesome period ...

Sent from my DROID X2

12. glocksterr

glocksterr DirtyGlockHippy

looks like your wrong again because im ready for just about anything...

seems your the one who attacked me.

hhmmm!

sorry but your not going to be an internet hero at my expense.

:whistling:

sorry for trying to point out just buying an ar is like only geting on base in a ball game. I.E. you really have not done anything that counts much.

i guess that makes me a nutjob.

peace out!

13. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

Yeah id like to know more about the rifle, ive been looking at purchasing this weapon as my first AR, i tried posted a thread two weeks ago in the AR forum but its still waiting on approval from a mod i guess, i just gave up. i havent been able to find any bad reviews or anything on this rifle.

14. Airhasz

Airhasz

I never said it was cheap junk...do you just make up quotes to have something to argue about...:rofl: I would have to have owned one that fell apart to say that...:rofl: I just prefer FA & DC. I wasn't cutting the sport and I didn't realize we are bragging with the guns on our signatures, I like reading what people own and how they like/use their weapons. The 15/22 is a lot of fun though but pricey.

15. cyphertext

cyphertext

I agree with you. We already know that the dust cover will keep crap out...I want to see what happens if crap gets in! The point I was trying to make when I stated that he did report a failure was that he was being honest, since he did not have video of himself firing the weapon afterwards. And, he did get several shots before the failure.

I bet that the Sport would have the same result on the Vickers test, with the barrel taped, the bolt closed, and magazine in place.

16. glocksterr

glocksterr DirtyGlockHippy

in RL how could one ever be sure the bolt was closed or the dust cover for that matter. if your shooting and fall down a cliff are you gonna be a ninja and close the DC as your falling before you end up in the mudhole?

:supergrin:

bottom line is with an AR the more you keep out of the bolt the more reliable it will be PERIOD.

17. cyphertext

cyphertext

Sorry if I misunderstood you. The thread is discussing the Sport and you stated that you only buy quality and mil-spec and that if the rifle screwed up it wasn't because you were cheap...:dunno:

I bought a Sport and can't complain about it at all. I expect that it will fare just as well as most of the others in the S&W line up, as it seems to have the same bolt and BCG. It shoots well and I run cheap, steel cased ammo through it.

As far as the M&P 15-22, my boy has one and I have the CMMG Quebec A. If you want a .22 that functions the same as the AR-15 right out of the box, the S&W wins hand down.

18. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

To settle this debat. We must
    Step 1: Dig two holes in the ground.
    Step 2: Place one rifle in each hole.
    Step 3: Bury Rifles in hole.
    Step 4: Wait TWO years.
    Step 5: Dig rifles up.
    Step 6: Run the Action under water hose
    Step 7: FIRE
    WHICH EVER GUN FAILS FIRST..... IS JUNK!!! lol

19. Contact

Contact

And you won't...at least not by anyone who has actually owned/fired one.

What you will find, however, is a few internet warriors that take great pride in their "real" AR's hating on a rifle that really targets a different type of buyer. The reality is that this rifle reaches out to it's target segment quite well, and when I say target audience, I mean the guy/girl that wants a rifle that only plans on shooting it several times a year, but otherwise spends it's time defending the home, or sitting in a safe, occasionally being taken out to be admired for it's sheer beauty. This rifle was not designed for Seal Team 6.

The other reality is, as much as some would hate to admit it, this rifle is probable every bit as reliable, and will probably go through just as much hell as any other big name AR when put through the same types of things in the hands of the typical consumer. Grandma doesn't need a Ferrari to go back and forth to the bingo hall.

20. DieselNut

DieselNut

Seriously?

You're telling me when your BCG is lodged in your upper and some in your buffer tube, you can still open the two? This thing was beyond stuck.