close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nunquam Iterum ? PN (M)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Feb 26, 2006.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Akala ko ba "Never Again"?

Huwag sana pagamit muli ang Philippine Marines...

2. Allegra

Allegra

Dont you love Teofisto Guingona? ahihihihi

3. casmot

casmot Re membered

How about Sen. Biazon. Kanina pa ikot ng ikot sa Marine HQ.;f

4. isuzu

isuzu

I think he just misses his former office.:) And political mileage, of course. Every politician and political wanna-be who went to the Fort Bonifacio Marine Headquarters wanted to be noticed, shown on TV and were waiting for some reporter to interview them. They didn't have to spend money (to pay the media) to be interviewed. It was an opportunity that was very hard to pass.

On the other hand, I can't comprehend a Marine questioning an order for the relief of his senior officer. I guess he let himself fall into a trap and allowed himself to be influenced by others.

The EDSA I was a different scenario. The economy was in shambles, and the ones only benefitting from Marcos' rule were his cronies. There was a reason for the military to turn their backs on him.

It's a different story now. The peso is starting to recover and that could have further improved if not for the recent turn of events.

The opposition always tries to do this everytime the peso recovers and the economy improves. It's because if GMA succeeds in turning the economy around, the opposition would be lost in the political map for a very long period of time.

Now, we know what kind of people they are. They always want the Filipino to suffer just for them to be in power.

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Marines are always emotional and protective when it comes to the Commandant. It just so happened that the media was there and provoked the situation even further. If it were not for the media presence I am quite sure civilians would have not known and the matter would have been solved as quickly as it developed.

I saw the new Commandant trying his best to explain to the media what it was like to be a Marine and the media trying their best to express to him, in the form of questions, what it was like to be a civilian.

I guess,some aspects of being a Marine could never be understood by civilians.

6. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Being the first and only Marine AFP Chief of Staff, I think he has every right to be there. But the decisions of the Marines involved must not be influenced by his presence.

The Marines finally settled down much to the "dismay" of the media.

Pinky Webb got almost every scoop and even had the opportunity to enter Marine Barracks HQ ;f
    Marines will always be Marines;f

7. isuzu

isuzu

Yup! When I was still in college, I got a taste of it. One of the most memorable things was the "reception" and getting accepted. We even wouldn't eat (during our break)unless our platoon leader is there with us. We were a very close platoon even if we took different courses. We looked forward to every Saturday that we could be together.

What bothers me though was the apparent breakdown of the chain of command. The Commandant, IMHO could have ordered his subordinates to follow and respect orders. That would have been the most honorable thing to do and prevent a scenario like that from escalating into something ugly. This could create a precedence among the ranks, which is not good.

You're right that the media only added fuel to the fire. Their excuse of "reporting events as they happen" is a lot of horses**t!

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

NUNQUAM ITERVM?
    BIS REPETITA NON PLACENT?

SPERA MANENT.
    FORSITAN ASPERA MANENT?
    ;g ;T ~sd

9. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Ok I give up. Sirit na ;f Ano ang ibig sabihon?

10. jasonub

jasonub

tama sinabi nila bawal Buwaya este politico duun.;f

Punta daw sila para magdasal duun Diba you can always pray wherever you are???

they just want to destablilize our government:(

Biazon, legarda,lacson, guingona,cory, noynoy ata, soto soliman butch abad, Bacani, Soto,Osmena, and LEFTISTS!!! what a cast of characters;f Umuwi sila dahil di sila umubra sa marines

to those there that are not of the marine corps and have no business there. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS THERE! ITS AN INTERNAL PROBLEM, it was not even a problem till the media blew it out of proportions. Media should also not be there except for Pinky Webb and gorgeous media reporters :)

Maka alis na nga ng bansa muna para matahimik balik ako thursday ;Q

11. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

NUNQUAM ITERUM? (Never again?)
    BIS REPETITA NON PLACENT? (Repetitions are undesirable?)

SPERA MANENT. (Hope endures.)
    FORSITAN ASPERA MANENT? (Perhaps thorns endure?*)

*a backhanded reference to the phrase
    Ad astra per aspera
    (to the stars, past thorns)

;c

12. Allegra

Allegra

Hi,
    You were in the Marines? or in college? or you were marines who went to college?

13. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

I couldn't agree with you more.
    I guess they're just itching to get media mileage.

14. isuzu

isuzu

It was a requirement (or part of our curriculum) in college. Others took the training lightly just to get grades so that they would be able to graduate, but our class (those who went into the Marines) agreed to make the most out of it. We learned a lot about discipline and respect.