close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NtM 17 range report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by muad, Mar 27, 2010.

1. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Took my NtM (New to Me) 17 out for a little practice. Overall, I am Very satisfied with the new addition, and am really impressed with how smooth shooting this gun is. I only ran two 17rd mags through it due to time restraints, but i had ZERO issues. I was shooting Rem UMC 115gr (MC?) FMJs, and I did shoot 3 of the Rem 124gr Golden Saber +P JHPs to make sure they were GTG.

Here are my results from 33 of my size 14 feet away (10+ yards?). Critiques Welcomed and Appreciated!

Ignore the top right, that's where I was shooting my Mom's beretta bobcat to test it out as she was having jamming issues with it.
    [​IMG]

I was shooting low left, then I tried to watch my trigger pull, but was still a bit left.

Then, I pulled out my 23C, and emptied one mag from the same distance. I think i'm getting better, but still need a LOT more practice. FWIW, I'm still new to shooting, and I've shot less than 1000 rounds in my lifetime (probably closer to 600)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Get used to it! :whistling:

My 3rd Gen G17 has some 13,000-rounds on it, using all manner of ammo, and has never hiccupped once! ;)

While they're still legal, get yourself a 33-round magazine! The Libtards just hate it when you do that! :steamed:

Enjoy safely! :wavey:

--Ray

3. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

May I suggest to loose the grip in your right hand a little bit and try to keep your pistol stronger with your supportive (I assume left) hand.
    I would say keep it like 60/40.
    I'm also the newbie with the handguns and my targets were looking quite a bit similar to the one posted by You, but since I started to working harder with my supportive hand my groups improved.
    10 yards

[​IMG]

4. balooG17

balooG17

To late here in CA, 10 rounds max. I am jealous of the pics i see with those 33 round mags sticking out of the bottoms of 17's.:crying:

5. muad

muad Lifetime Member

That seems to be the consensus on these things.

I've got one "happy stick" so far, and I plan on snagging a few more asap.

6. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Excellent info. I'll try this out asap (maybe tomorrow if the weather is nice).