close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

nsb22's workout log!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by nsb22, May 16, 2006.

1. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

I've decided to get serious about working out, so here is my log1

5-15-06
    Bench 115 5x5
    Inclined Bench 115 5x5
    Pec Fly 70 5x5
    Lat pulls 70 5x5
    Dumbell shrugs 75 5x5

Felt pretty good after the workout, even though I went rather light. I figured since I haven't worked out for a couple of months, I should take it easy a little.

5-16-06
    I need to get off my butt and do some cardio.

At least 30 mins on the tread mill or the eliptical.

Tomorrow will be legs.

2. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Probably should have added some info.

I used to pyramid my workouts, but I never really liked it and would get bored very quick! After doing some reading, I figured I'd give the 5x5 method a try! I have to say that I like it alot better and I am feeling it today more than I ever had with the pyramids.

I'm not 100% sure what my goal is other than loosing fat and getting stronger, which equals being in better shape. I think I would like to try power lifting, so alot of the lifts I do will be geared more torwards that than just pure muscle building.

I did find a gym that will allow the pouerlifting, but I'm not sure if anyone in the area does it yet. In the gym owner's own words, "I don't really care what you do in the basement, but you will basically sign your life away on the contract! Just because I don't want to be liable at all if you get hurt!"

As far as supplements go, I think I'll just stick with eating right and protein shakes. I've got some other things, such as NO2 and creatine that I might throw in later. I know the NO2 works pretty good from when I used it before. I used to use ON Whey, but I found some new stuff yesterday that is dang tasty and doesn't put me in the bathroom two hours later. It is made by Champion Nutrition and is the first whey that I have tried that actually mixes completely!!! No little chunks of powder in you milk like all the other's that I have tried.

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

I was going to say this is day 1 right? But I see where legs are tommorrow. Thats good!

I would add 5-10lbs each set. But thats just me. ;)

I ride a stationary bike after a workout about 30 mins is good for me. Today I started shooting hoops for my after workout workout. Basketball works other muscles that usually gets overlooked while weight traing and biking. Try it, you'll see.

ps
    A cheap portable B Ball goal at Walmart ($68) they work fine for this routine.

4. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

5-16-05

LEGS

Squats = 135 5x5
    Dead lift = 135 5x5
    Good mornings = 45 5x5

While the GD's aren't really a legs thing, it seemed like a good place to put them. I probably could have done some curls and extensions, but I didn't.

Like I said previously, I'm going a little light just untill I get back in the swing of things. My next workout, I will start adding some weight to get back to where I should be. I 've always gone pretty low on my squats, but I went even farther than I usually do, so I have been REALLY feeling it the last couple of days!

5. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

I'll have to give the bike/hoops thing a try! I don't much care for the bike that we have is the only thing. I've just never been able to get in the mood while peddling away at that thing.

And to tell you how much I was feeling my legs yesterday and today, it hurt just trying to sit down on the toilet!:freak:

6. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

LOL! I know the feeling.;)

Yeah Man! Basketball... Just shooting hoops burns calories like crazy. Have you ever seen a fat basketball player?;) :beer:

7. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

5-19-06 Upper.

Bench = 135 5x5
    Inclined bench = 115 5x5
    (this was right between the angle for a military press and an incline bench)
    Dumbell Shurgs = 80 5x5

I was really feeling it at the end of this quick little session. I really should have done more, but I woke up a little late!