close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NRO/IRO

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by toxic, Feb 8, 2005.

1. toxic

toxic

Just a simple question to BOG's and RO's out there. What are the advantage/s of being an RO in PPSA/IPSC..do RO's get any benifits from PPSA/IPSC.

Thanks

2. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

RO's have shirts that read something like "We officiate for free. When we play, we pay." Some would say to people taking the NROI course "Have you also lost your mind like we have?" ;f

Some advantages of being RO's are a good grasp of safety and competition rules, lower registration fees (in some matches), priority over other competitors (they have to get back to officiating their stage), and free PPSA annual dues if you earn the required match points, to name a few.

Unlike referees and umpires in other sports, these guys are doing it for the love of the game. They even pay for their plane fares during out of town matches. They don't get paid and yet there are still a lot of arrogant shooters out there who look upon them as if they're servants. Our sport would be non-existent if not for the perseverance of these guys. Cheers! ;)

3. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

RO's in big matches shoot for half the match fee or do not pay at all. They also receive free shirts, mugs, etc. I have never met an RO who has an "Attitude" but I am sure they're out there.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

you might wanna post this at ipsc global. i'm sure there would be a ton of replies since many are ROs, CROs, etc.

5. paltic

paltic

other advantages of having attending an IROA seminar:

-malalaman mo lahat ang rules & regulations sa IPSC
    -makakakita ka lahat ng style/secrets ng pagputok ng ibat-shooters/category
    -ma-eencounter mo lahat ng uri ng gun malfunctions ng shooters & how they treat it.
    -course design
    -meet diff. kinds of people & especially girl shooters;P

but all of these can be achieved kung meron kang TIME,MONEY,LOVE OF SPORTS,VERRRY SUPPORTIVE WIFE,OWN BUSINESS,LOTS OF SUN BLOCK,
    ;a

baka may nalimutan pa po ako...:cool:

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

...not to mention the RO nights. ;f

7. toxic

toxic

Thank you very much for the feed back gentlemen..i asked coz it just came to my attention that senior members of the club im in are mostly RO wherein they are more active in their RO duties than in shooting and wandering that their should or have some incentives they are getting...didnt have the chance to asked them this question the last time i was home ..

Thanks again

8. jasonub

jasonub

They don't get paid and yet there are still a lot of arrogant shooters out there who look upon them as if they're servants. Our sport would be non-existent if not for the perseverance of these guys. Cheers! ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

uyyy top shooter ng standards ang pinatamaan mo ah. kilala ko yun;f

9. toxic

toxic

uyyy top shooter ng standards ang pinatamaan mo ah. kilala ko yun;f [/B][/QUOTE]

ha. ha. ha. parang kilala ko din yata yon ,pag retiro naman siguro eh mas babait.

10. paltic

paltic

pero sabi nga nila hindi rin nawawala yung mga 'pasaway' na shooters;P .......at hindi rin mawawalan ng TERROR na RO;) naka-experience na po ba kayu ng ganung RO?;g

11. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Another advantage of Senior R.O.'s is that they can get PTC's for a very low price. 150 pesos if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if its true but that's what I was told when I was being convinced to join the NROI. Don't have the time for it:)

12. vega

vega

I didn't encounter any TERROR RO back there, lahat sila mabait especially this guy who have security business. Can't remember his name...Abet???

First time I joined IPSC akala ko terror but after knowing him ok pala.

vega

13. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

uyyy top shooter ng standards ang pinatamaan mo ah. kilala ko yun;f [/B][/QUOTE]

General observation lang. Kayo naman oh. ;f

14. jasonub

jasonub

mabait naman lahat sila sa akin. coz im also kind to them;)

the shooter who is not kind to the ro's should also ro so that they will find out how difficult it is to do so.

kindness is a trait. being an a%#@ is also a trait.