close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NRA President Thinks Automatic Weapons Should Be Illegal

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JBnTX, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Inebriated

Inebriated

Anytime you get a permit for something, you're essentially gaining access to something illegal, no?

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:) Some men's opinions are worth more than others! It's easy to become lost while considering the minutia of this event; and, this seems to be where the thread is going!

You are, however, entirely correct. (IMO :supergrin: ) Thank you! Walk with God, my friend, because with the quality-of-thought you’ve just demonstrated, it's going to be difficult for you to walk with men. ;)

3. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"But over the decades I've seen them compromise on every important issue that came along during my life time."

Concealed carry? Shall issue? Carry in national parks? These weren't important? There are other examples that you must not feel are important because you said "every important issue."

I think you need to rethink your position and come down off your high horse.

John

4. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

Thank you!...:thumbsup:

There can be NO compromise on our 2nd amendment rights.
    The NRA president has compromised a segment of firearms owners.

NRA members should at least demand an explanation.
    Or a new president.

5. JBnTX

No, you're the one who needs to rethink his position.
    Caver 60's post is right on the money.

The anti-gunners want ALL guns banned.
    What don't you understand about that?

There are no less important issues in our fight for the 2nd amendment. We can't afford to ignore certain issues because we might piss off the anti gunners or "complicate" the issue.

If the NRA is willing to compromise on machine guns, then what other type weapons are they willing to compromise on?

The anti gunners want to ban the semi autos first because that's the path of least resistance for them. After the semi autos are banned, the anti gunners WILL go after the full autos.

Where will the NRA stand when the anti gunners come for the full autos?

6. Rustin

Rustin

The NRA was founded by- THE US GOVERNMENT.

Screw the NRA, they've thrown us under the bus on more than one occasion. I'm with gunowners.org . Gun owners of America. They never budge. Let's help them to fight for our rights!

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Excellent. Tell me one thing, please.

What does the GOA actually DO?

I see where they put out press releases griping about the NRA. I see where they put faxes out. I see they have a mailing list. The dreaded press release doesn't exactly have everyone using the GOA as the gun lobby.

But what do they DO?

The NRA is a registered lobbying organization and they lobby the hell out of every state as well as nationally.

The SAF has filed more or less every suit you've ever heard of, including Heller and McDonald.

What has the GOA ever done? Seriously.

8. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"The NRA was founded by- THE US GOVERNMENT."

Really? Do you have a source for that claim? Are you sure it wasn't a couple of former Union Generals and a charter and a grant from the state of NY?

www.nrahq.org/history.asp

"Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.

After being granted a charter by the state of New York on November 17, 1871, the NRA was founded. Civil War Gen. Ambrose Burnside, who was also the former governor of Rhode Island and a U.S. Senator, became the fledgling NRA's first president.
    "

9. silentpoet

silentpoet

He needs to be zumboed. Fire his ass.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Given the source and the fact that all they quote of his statement is the phrase "fully automatic weapons" then paraphrase what they claim he said about them, makes me suspect the story is false. Welcome to the internet.

Add to that, that I can only find a mention of this MAJOR reversal by the NRA on one site - Huffington Post.

Dishonest, leftist source + obviously suspicious style of quote + lack of other leftists jumping on the story + story is out of character for the NRA = PROBABLY A LIE.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

As I said above, consider the source. Any normal person knows at least half of every story on Huffington Post is false, yet you accept it without question? Even when you can see how they "quoted" his statement - only quoting the phrase "fully automatic weapons"? That looks trustworthy to you?

12. JJohnson

JJohnson Call me Jeff

I have no doubt whatsoever. Most of them are clueless. So are most gun owners. It is a niche product that a limited subset of people can legally own. It is an even smaller subset of people who can actually afford one.

13. JBnTX

The NRA abandoned machine gun owners in 1934 and 1986.
    Why should today be any different?

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A. No it wasn't.

B. Yep, they never budge - just sit there and take your money and tell you their opinions. Whens the last time you heard liberal politicians worrying about the power of the GOA? There is only one organization that matters enough to change a vote in congress and it ain't the GOA.

I honestly think that many of the posts we see like this are the left-wing trolls doing there part to try and help weaken the NRA, one potential member at a tme.

15. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I agree.

<<< NRA member.

We already have enough stupid, uninformed masses out there. We don't need Stupid as President of a Pro-Gun organization.

16. frank4570

frank4570

We really aren't winning by enough to say "screw the nra, I have more principles than they do."

17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

:wow:

I agree.

(And yet another reason the NRA will never get another dime from me as long as I live.) :cool:

18. silentpoet

silentpoet

I saw another article in which he seemed to support universal background checks. It was in reference to Colorado I believe. So it would not surprise me if he said this. I am not saying screw the nra, but this does not make me want to support them either if they have such scumbag compromisers at the top.

19. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

The NRA does the best it can. They can't win every fight. Sometimes they make compromises to keep Joe Public happy.

I'm not saying I agree with the compromises; but them taking a hard line approach would have worked out WORSE in the end.

If it wasn't for them, we'd be like the UK where a 3" knife in your work bag in your trunk is a felony...

This is the same reasoning as why that ultra-conservative pro-gun candidates aren't always the best person to vote for in a state primary. If they stand no chance of winning the general election, your vote is better cast for a moderate republican that is somewhat pro-gun and can actually BEAT the democrat...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  20. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Wayne L. is the real leader. The NRA tries to be diplomatic and sometimes they step on gunowners too. Send him a letter and see if he responds.