close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NRA Lifetime Membership - worth it?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Dec 21, 2012.

1. LockHavenYellow

LockHavenYellow Flyin' Low

I am able to get a lifetime membership for $300 with a referral...worth it? Of course, it's a helluva deal vs. $1000, but curious what you all think. I think that now is the time to re-up my membership with all that's going on.

2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I just have annual membership. Been a member for a long time. Not sure it makes a difference...but my rationale is that I like them now, but want the option to quit if I don't later.

3. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

When there was talk that they might cave on this AWB, I thought about the poor suckers that got a lifetime membership. That didn't turn out to be the case, but who knows what the future holds?

4. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Lifetime memberships are geat, but the NRA makes a higher profit margin (read that, more money to use in the fight!) off of the 1, 3 and 5 year memberships.

Personally, I renew every three years, but ANY type of membership in the NRA is good for all of us!

5. glock-fan

glock-fan

What do you get for beign a member ?

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If / when you decide to become a NRA Training counselor or a NRA LE firearms instructor, you are required to be a NRA member. There is no such requirement for NRA instructors, Range Safety Officers, or to my knowledge NRA coaches (T1, T2)

So yeah, if you are in the business of seriously training folks to NRA standards using their certifications, it is cost-beneficial to have lifetime membership to the NRA.

7. LockHavenYellow

I am currently an NRA Pistol Instructor. And I live about 5 minutes from where last week's event took place. We have a helluva fight ahead of us and I think now's the time to pull the trigger on a lifetime membership. Thanks, fellas.

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Is it worth it for who?

I've been a life member for longer than I can remember, over 40 years.

Was it worth it for me?
    Yeah, but my membership was worth a hell of a lot more to you than me.

There is no doubt at all that if it wasn't for me and millions of other NRA members like me, the young people today would be lucky if they could own a 22 single shot rifle.

So, yes your NRA membership is worth having but your NRA support is more important to today's young people.

Maybe you can help them still have their Constitutional rights when they grow up.

9. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Worth it? Yes, if you are a gun owner you need to join ASAP. Might as well be a life member, if you can join for $300 you are ahead in about 9 years compared to paying annual memberships.

The NRA isnt perfect, but they are the best friend a gun owner can have. I am a life member and signed my son up for life membership when he was still a toddler

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. deputy tom

deputy tom

Jump on it! I spent $750.00 back in the day if I remember corerectly.tom.:cool:

11. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Ditto. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  12. LockHavenYellow

13. JayAK

JayAK

Very true.

14. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

How old are you?
    How many years do you plan on being around?
    Do you ever expect to NOT be a gun person?
    Do you ever expect another group to be bigger and better than the NRA? (I am not saying the NRA is the end all be all group, but it is the biggest and best right now.)

BTW, I am a life member. I am thinking about setting my nephew up, but he is a little young. I want him to earn it.

15. Malike

Malike

I just signed up for the yearly membership. I'm also a member of GOA and SAF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

16. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

How much is your freedom worth?

I'm a newly-minted Lifer myself after on and off annual membership over the years. When VaTech. happened I joined for 3 years then renewed for 5.

Just before the election I was called by the NRA and they were offering Life memberships for a reduced rate. My first thought was that I couldn't afford it it at the moment and my second thought was I can't afford not to.

Our enemies only understand brute force. We can't play nice and hope they go away. If they get a new AWB, they are going to move on to handguns. Their goal is total disarmament.

So yeah...... If you value that crap they call freedom down there in the L48 any at all, it'll be worth it.

17. Glock Holliday

Glock Holliday

I joined the NRA in 1976 and became a Life Member using the easy payment plan in '77. Since then I upgraded to Endowment, Patron, and Benefactor. Any outfit that gets maligned by the libtards the way the NRA does is worth the money to me.

18. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

i was thinking about joining but i wonder how much of dues that i would send them go toward lobbying and how much goes toward the big wigs pay...does wayne lapierre live in a mansion????????

19. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

He lives in Northern Va, where a 1 room apartment can go for a thousand a month rent if you're in a decent neighbourhood.

According to the NRA:
    Between 2008 and 2010, the NRA paid LaPierre compensation in an amount ranging from $948,858 and $1,263,101 per year.

But, hey, if you're not interested in joining the NRA then you're not interested and are just looking for an excuse not to join.

Whatever, just pay attention to what organizations people who are into gun bans are afraid of and go from there.

20. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012