close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NRA $300 lifetime membership thread

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ilsrwy27, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ilsrwy27

ilsrwy27

As noted in previous threads, the NRA is currently offering a $300 lifetime membership and this offer ends Jan 31st 2010.

A similar offer was made last year where all the new member had to do was to call the NRA and give them the name and number of a referring life member HOWEVER this year's offer is different. The NRA now requires the life member to either write or call the NRA and pay for the new member's membership fee as it is supposed to be a gift. This makes things more difficult and simply not practical for a life member to sponsor scores of new members because he would have to first collect the money from them and then spend some significant time over the phone with the NRA, so how about we do this instead:

- If like me you are having a tough time finding someone to sponsor you to become a life member, please post in this thread.
    - If you are a NRA life member and can spare 10 or 15 minutes to help someone become a NRA life member, please PM them directly.
    - Once you have found a sponsor please update your post to let life members willing to help know so that they can PM the next one in line.

As far as the money issue goes, one can instantly transfer $315 to cover the membership and fees via Paypal.
    The life member can then simply call in the NRA and charge the membership fee on his credit card.
    That way it makes it nice and easy on everyone and keeps to legwork to the minimum for sponsors...

What do you think?

2. itstime

itstime

Anybody call the NRA and ask if you can just pay the money and get it?

3. cabindriver

cabindriver NRA Life Member

The OP's post stated it correctly.

4. itstime

itstime

Just called. They wouldn't take my money. Had to be a life member giving it as a gift to a family member only.

5. ilsrwy27

ilsrwy27

I had the same experience when I called which is why I started the thread. Also the only life member I know is on their membersip payment plan so he is not considered to be a life-member just yet and can't sponsor me...