close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NPR's 'America's Firearm' piece

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AlanW, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AlanW

AlanW

Hello, new member/owner here.

I was driving recently listening to NPR doing a piece about the Glock, and they called it 'America's Firearm'. Something to do with the 25th anniversary?

I like the Glocks, really good 'workingman's instrument', but 'America's Firearm'? I would think there are a long list of other venerables that would immediately take that spot.

In a firearms culture as rich and storied as the USA's, giving an import a title like that to me is a bit excessive, regardless of how ersatz the nature of it is. Glock doesn't even have a manufacturing presence here(as far as I know) like Sig, Beretta, etc. So they aren't providing skilled jobs. I hope I'm wrong but every slide I've seen has Austria stamped on it, not Smyrna. I think with as many LE contracts they have in this country, it might be a win/win to actually make them here but that's another discussion.

Is this a sign of the times? Will they next name the Camry 'America's Car'? It would technically have more legitimacy since it's assembled in Georgetown.

Not deriding the Glock as I think it's a work of genius, just thinkin'. Let me hear your opinions.

2. SonoftheRepublic

SonoftheRepublic

"Not deriding the Glock as I think it's a work of genius . . ."

You said it . . . American Gun Owners have recognized that genius . . . Times change . . . Glock IS America's Firearm!

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Please do not fill your mind with the mindless, verbal manure spewed forth at NPR. The liberals there are by in large, good folks but they fail to understand the people they work for are evil manipulators hell bent on destroying our freedom one liberty at a time re: Nanny Gloomberg's latest attack on all things tasty in NYC.

The Glock is an American Icon in Law Enforcement circles. The 1911 is America's gun.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. mj9mm

mj9mm

America's Gun? maybe not but she is a Legal Imigrant, come here to see how she could contribute to the Home of the Free.:wavey: