NPR: Many Latino Men Are Supporting President Trump This Election

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Many Latino Men Are Supporting President Trump This Election

October 28, 202010:00 AM ET

[​IMG]

Reymundo Torres is an Arizonan, a devout Roman Catholic, ethnically Mexican and a staunch supporter of the president.

"The thing that initially attracted me and keeps me tied to him is that he has taught Republicans how to not just win, but no longer throw our faces and bodies in front of every punch that the left is willing to throw," Torres said.

Torres likes the way President Trump takes no mess from Democrats or what he calls establishment Republicans. Also, Torres said, it's refreshing to see a president do what he says he's going to do despite criticism — from Trump's fiery tweets, sometimes filled with misinformation — to his controversial decisions such as moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, a disputed territory.

Come Election Day top of mind for Torres will be Trump's remaking of the federal courts. The president has appointed more than 200 judges in his time in office. That, not immigration, is what Torres will be thinking of as he casts his ballot.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/9283...e-supporting-president-trump-in-tuesdays-vote "

:flag:

NMG26, pAZ Ron, Cambo and 1 other person like this.
  2. shadowlands

shadowlands

My father-in-law and my brother-in-law voted Trump. Both Mexican. My wife voted Trump. She's Mexican. Boom!

fx77, G19Tony, Cambo and 4 others like this.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Because Trump is a straight man who likes women and he doesn't take any crap.

Machismo, baby.

NMG26, vikingsoftpaw, Cambo and 2 others like this.
  4. hurley842002

hurley842002

Tucson![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

fx77, Boundertom, Cambo and 3 others like this.
  5. Csv

Csv

My anecdotal evidence is not just Hispanic men, also Hispanic women are supporting Trump. Having grown up and live in an area with a large percentage of Hispanic population, I am surprised by the amount of support Trump has from them.

There are still many low info ones that hate him because CNN and msnbc tell them to.

Doc Holliday, DonGlock26 and fx77 like this.
  6. benben

benben

I have a coworker that’s from El Salvador, this guy did it right, took him a long time studying but he finally got his citizenship and he now is a proud American!

Last week he told me he voted for Trump, and he was so proud to tell me who he voted for! Good stuff.

NMG26, DonGlock26, Flags and 4 others like this.
  7. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

The latinos I know are strongly conservative. I never believed they were guaranteed democrat votes.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

That is awesome.

benben likes this.
  9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

upload_2020-10-29_7-24-59.png

benben likes this.
  10. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Years ago, I worked with a first generation legal Latino immigrant. He was almost as conservative as I am, and wanted the borders closed, because he did it the right way. I once joked with him about he gets across the border, then turns around and says "close the border". We had a lot of fun with it, and whenever the subject of immigration came up, he had a move where he took a big step, turned around, pointed at the floor, and would say "close it". We always had a lot of fun with it. For the most part, they are very good people.

If the republicans want to get a leg up with that group, they need to stop calling them hispanics. Calling them latino is respectful to them, and greatly appreciated.