NPC Meme Banned On Twitter lol!!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Oct 16, 2018.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I saw this on Twitter this morning, but it's gone now. Cracked me up lol!!

The new “NPC” meme mocks leftists by depicting them as unthinking and reflexive automatons. The meme has upset the left so much that Twitter is now banning people posting it for “dehumanizing speech,” but its humble origins are the computer-controlled characters of limited intelligence found in most video games.

The popular NPC meme trend frames its targets as non-player characters (NPCs) who reflexively spout neo-Marxist axioms in response to real-world events. Actual NPCs are computer-controlled characters in video games with limited scripted responses given the parameters of the games in which they appear. For example, NPCs may assign quests to the player in games like Skyrim, or join the player as a companion in Fallout.

Built on the long-running Wojak meme, the NPC meme mocks leftists as expressionless in appearance and bot-like in behavior. The universal standard appearance illustrates the left’s political homogeneity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a WHOLE Lot more at link lol!!

Left-wing gaming blog Kotaku addressed the aforementioned memes with an article entitled, “How The ‘NPC’ Meme Tries To Dehumanize ‘SJWs’.” It described the memes’ sentiment as “anti-progressive” and “dehumanizing” while heralding leftists as opponents of “racial injustice.”

Kotaku’s Cecilia D’Anastasio characterized the NPC memes’ spread as “a little scary”:

NPCs have no agency; NPCs don’t think for themselves; NPCs don’t perceive, process, or understand; NPCs arrive at the same worldview not because it’s authentic to their experiences, but automatically. As a descriptor, it suggests that those to whom it applies aren’t even human, but are rather, functionally, robots, or clusters of computer code. That this has resonated as widely as it has is funny, but also a little scary.​

Twitter has banned dozens of users sharing and retweeting the NPC memes. One such banned user told Breitbart News: “I followed many NPC accounts (some followed me back). I retweeted some of them. I also answered someone’s (one of my followers) question about what the NPC meme is. Some people didn’t understand it right away. I can’t remember if I posted anything else that would be it. I’m pretty certain it was only because I followed and retweeted NPCs and probably ended up on a list or was mass reported by angry leftists who can’t handle what they see in the mirror.”

Despite the left’s insistence that the NPC meme is “dehumanizing,” there seems to be no similar outcry from the same people when conservatives on social media are dismissed as “Russian bots” by opponents.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018...-at-cartoons-mocking-their-scripted-thoughts/

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

4. B C

B C

This meme really got to them. Of course Twitter flushed all the NPC accounts on Sunday, but all the obvious anti-trump DNC bot accounts are all still there.

5. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Oh, they are livid lol!! They can sure dish it out but can't take it!

6. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

They're only going to make it worse. The left have the emotional intelligence of a 15 year old. As an adult, you realize the less you pay attention to stupid things the less impact they have on you. Leftists are too emotionally immature to recognize this. They can't have people saying bad things about them. And so they claim victim status.

7. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

It's up to everyone to keep this meme alive wherever possible. It's genius, accurate, and obviously hits so close to home that the left hates it big time.

If leftists don't want to be dehumanized, perhaps they should start acting like humans.

8. KY Moose

KY Moose

Anons over at 4chan/pol/ have been causing havoc on Twitter.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

the left is losing it.
    has you guys spotted the poster "Proud Democrat" in the comment section. he's a satire account and he's pretty funny.
    if your not paying attention you will think he's real.

seek out his comments they are funny.

Proud Democrat Buckwheat_Hasslehoff2 hours ago

As a Proud Democrat, I actually fall into a series of different victim catagories:

First and foremost, Trump Deraingement Syndrome,

I have advanced degrees in cisgender studies and social justice, and I cannot find a job

I have had 3 gender operations, 2 being reversals, because I cannot make up my mind

I have to pay for my own telephone and electric bills

and lastly, the View was a rerun today, so I am not sure who I am suppose to hate

10. KY Moose

KY Moose

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubudd, Fred Hansen, MFC4 and 8 others like this.
  11. scattershot

scattershot

That’s why they are a threat. They’re all that way, and they support each other.

The Machinist and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  12. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

upload_2018-10-16_15-45-35.jpeg
    Absolutely brilliant! :)

13. B C

B C

Krassenpc, damn that is genius. 4chan are on top of their game with this meme.

14. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

im glad this guy and his brother got called out.
    i knew there was something fishy about these brothers.
    on any Trump tweet, they were right up near the top with their BS.
    they are scam artists.

B C likes this.
  15. B C

B C

They are literally scam artist.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-...cons-accused-of-boosting-online-ponzi-schemes

Whenever the President tweets those idiots instantly tweet back in an attempt to get followers and make a name for themselves being anti-Trump. They are likely being paid to do this.

16. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

they have been exposed for the frauds they are.
    when im in fort myers every once in a while, i would love to run into these guys.

B C likes this.
  17. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

18. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

19. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

20. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat