close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Now want a G32.... bad

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Scott in Houston, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

I own a 19, 26, and 27. I love all 3 of my Glocks... love 'em.
    I keep a WX150 (light) on the G19 and use it as my bedside table gun.
    The other 2 are my EDC's.

I shoot about 2x a week at the range and have really improved over the last several months. Anyway, the other day at the range, I was shooting my 27 and next to me was a gentleman shooting a Sig (not sure what model... not a Sig guy) chambered in .357SIG. Um... wow. One hell of a round.
    I kept seeing the 'small' holes in his target but felt this crazy percussion coming through and around the walls.

I shot it a couple of times and began the lusting for a Glock in that caliber.
    I decided on the G32. I love that it will fit the same holsters as my 19, and likely, I'd make it my new bedside gun while the G19 would be moved to range and carry duty when clothing permits (and I don't carry the G32 for some reason). :)

Anyway, all this typing is to setup why I want this caliber and ask a question.

Should I trade my old Taurus PT100 (.40s&w) plus obvious cash for a G32?

I ask this only because I've had a somewhat strict "never sell a gun" personal policy. However, this PT100 is just a safe queen. It's a great gun... never jammed, ever. It shoots a great round with very little recoil because of it's mass. The mass prevents me from ever shooting it or carrying it. I always carry a Glock and when going to the range I never take the Taurus because I'd rather shoot the 27 anyway. Since the Taurus isn't a Colt, Sig, Glock, or some other more reputable gun maker, I'm tempted to just go ahead and sell it. Not sure what I'd get though, but I think if I could get $280 or so, I'd do it and then buy the G32.

Thoughts?

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I'd change the PT in favor of the G32 in a heartbeat any day of the week. I love the .357 SIG round, but it can get pricey. I chose to buy 40SW Glocks for my main uses and then I can simply buy .357 SIG barrels for them, since I was already set up to reload for 40SW. This way my original gun is still a 40 but I can reliably shoot .357 SIG from them whenever I choose. In the process of restructuring my collection of guns and barrels.

If you do buy a G32, you can drop the G32 barrel in your G27 at the range also and shoot .357 SIG out of it. Those baby Glocks are a lot of fun in .357 SIG and I like how the sub compact Glocks shoot with the longer compact barrels in them. :supergrin:

3. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Trade away. The G32 is a magical beast. Ammo online by the 1000 lot is not that much more than other calibers, and is a hoot to shoot!

4. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Good stuff. I think I'm going to do it.
    Fire_Medic, i had considered that I can put a .357SIG barrel in my 27, but I want to own a Glock specifically made for .357SIG so I can use it in SD without any concern. I think shooting a .357SIG from a G23 or G27 with a new barrel is fun at the range, but I'd never carry or rely on a weapon for SD with that setup.

This Taurus was my first handgun ever. The only attachment I have is somewhat sentimental, but that's silly, and like I said, I never shoot it, so what's the point. It just sits there.

5. Fire_Medic

Oh I agree. I was simply implying that if you buy the G32 the factory G32 barrel will suffice and work in your G27 for a caliber change for some range fun. I was not implying for CCW use. Just wanted to point out you don't need to purchase an aftermarket barrel is all.

I don't like carrying converted handguns either. :wavey:

6. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
    And yes, that's cool to know. :wavey:

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I would be surprised if 32 barrel(factory Glock) in a 23 frame/slide was any less reliable than stock 23 or 32
    As you don't have a 23 by ALL MEANS get a 32 and maybe a 23 barrel

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

It's the extractor that is the other part of the equation.
    Just when my life depends on it, I want my gun as Glock made it.

9. Leathernecker

Leathernecker More Glocks!

I traded away my G26 for a G32 about two months ago and my only regret is that I didn't get a G31. I don't carry it and would prefer to have the full size version just to cut down on reloading while at the range. My solution to this has been to bring nine mags for it.

I'm pretty pleased with the G32 though. That 357 SIG round is a nice set up.

10. Fire_Medic

Between the G32 and G23 the extractor and ejector are the same, as is the case with the rest of the 357/40 Glocks. So reliability in this special case should be no less from one caliber to the other as all you're doing is changing the barrel.

:wavey:

11. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Oh. Cool. Well, that is also good info.

I love this board!!

12. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Do you really need to ask that question? C'mon...:supergrin:

13. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Haha. The more I read this thread, the more my original question sounds very pathetic and dumb. :whistling: :supergrin:

14. BoxerDog25

BoxerDog25

Doesn't the Sig .357 round lose its benefit with the short barrel of the baby Glock? I always wondered that.

15. HogGlocker

HogGlocker Owner Since 88'

I am a .40 guy..........but I do love me some G32....

Would not get rid of mine for anything.

16. Fire_Medic

If you read what I said I specifically stated using the compact barrels (G19, G23, G32) in the sub compact Glocks (G26, G27, G33). So you're using the longer barrel in the smaller frame.

"I" like this because you don't sacrifice any velocity, and it changes the recoil impulse to make it somewhat smoother as there's added length/weight up front.

YMMV

17. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Is the 32 considered "baby" Glock? The 33 is the subcompact. The 32 is the same frame as the G19/23 (compact).

18. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Even if it does lose a little speed, it starts off so much hotter that you still get great results. You'll get slower times with all ammo out of a shorter barrel.

19. Mahalo_.32

Mahalo_.32 Patriot

if you like that g32 do it...i will never get rid of mine

20. Doc Pathfinder

Doc Pathfinder

At the range you can use G-31 or G-22 magazines in your G-32. I use the 40 caliber mags in mine all the time at the range and have never had a problem of any kind. My G-32 is my favorite handgun and my CCW.