Now Mossy is “Out Glocking” Glock?! (MC2c)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Jan 17, 2020.

1. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers "Facts matter, Feeling can lie" Docgkr

Thanks, yes Sir I have back up pistols for all my Glocks but the G48 and 19X but that is gonna come to a end next month. I also have backup pistols in my little M&P collection. My Carry LC9s has a backup and my Carry XDs 3.3 9mm has a backup.

I was just wondering because I have some friends that are LEO's and they say the exact same thing you do. After 10 years of hammering and some with not the best care they do ware out but most were 40 S&W and 357 Sig.

My buddy's in the NCSHP wore out the M&P's in 357 Sig in about 2 years o_O but that was back whenever S&W were pushing the M&P strong and NC wanted the Sig load and S&W obliged, didn't turn out that well cause those guys shoot and shoot a bit.

I keep up with the maintenance on all my pistols sorta Religiously, but anything made by people can and will break and seem like they break at the most inopportune times. :cheers:

2. hardluk1

hardluk1

teecher45 I don't give a sheet if you love a glock but why start off with your " out glocking a glock " bull poo . Seems like your are looking for controversy . Get a life . You like glucks !! Good for you . I have 8 or 9 other brands I like . I just don't want a glock

3. Terry G

Terry G

And you think Glocks are pretty?

4. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Compared to a Glock, the MC2c looks like a cheap Chinese toy.

So comparatively speaking, yes.

Teecher45 and AdamRodgers like this.
  5. jonb32248

jonb32248

If you look quick it could pass for a Ruger SR9C.

Pandaz3 and AdamRodgers like this.
  6. Braveheart1

Braveheart1

Find this thread entertaining. There are so many good polymer pistols on the market in every price range. Sure many of them are far superior to Glocks because when you read the press releases and posts from their new owners they’ll tell you so. They all try to outglock Glock. Again I don’t doubt many of them are superior in ergonomics, accuracy, reliability, and etc. I think there are a lot of good 9mm polymers and a lot flying under the radar like the IWI Masada, Ruger American, and even though not released yet in USA the Taurus TS9.

I’m hardly a Glock fan boy but my appreciation on Glocks has grown. I personally like the ascetics and no matter which model I pick up or purchase, I know exactly what to expect - 100% reliability. I own a Sig P320 and very accurate pistol, but wish I’d bought a Glock 45. Not because the Glock is superior but because I know it’ll handle just like my 21 and 23. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamRodgers likes this.
  7. Terry G

Terry G

Glocks are a lot of things. Reliable, sturdy and accurate. Pretty they are not. Not even in comparison. I own a Glock 21 and a Glock 17. Put them next to a CZ 97b and a CZ 75, and they are your homely Cousin that has a nice personality.

slamdunc likes this.
  8. jonb32248

jonb32248

I have three 9mm guns,1 xde,1xd defender sc,1 glock 19. I like my XD's the best but today is Glock day. With these three I don't see a need for anymore. Not that I wouldn't like a Lionheart, to try, or an IWI 941 or whatever.I just don't have the cash to throw at it. I do want a pistol cal. carbine though.

Pandaz3 and AdamRodgers like this.
  9. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

And a good point at that !!.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  10. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers "Facts matter, Feeling can lie" Docgkr

Thanks, on occasion I will make a little since.:D

Teecher45 and Ghost doctor like this.
  11. akpls

akpls

Yes, the MC1 takes 43 mags and they work just fine. I have 43's and an MC1 and they all shoot the same....no issues with the MC1 at all. I guess we'll see how it holds up over the long run.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  12. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

Well the Lionheart is not Polymer, my Wife has one and once I filed down the very aggressive stocks, she loves it. She prefers her G-17 though as it has no external manual safety (The Lionheart does). She is a bit more accurate with the Lionheart, but the difference is small. Hers is the older LH9 before the Novak sights. Lionheart always has a Black Friday sale Thanksgiving time and hers was about $500 seven years ago. Cant go wrong with one and yes we do like the 'Triple action" though I can only see the double action mode in a second strike scenario.

She also wanted a AR9 pistol so she has a Angstadt. I then built a PSA for me, PSA is cruder, but more robust. Both work great with Glock Mags.

13. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

I like the Mossberg just fine in pictures, but I have neve seen on for real, let alone touched one. I have a Ruger LC9s Pro or Taurus G2C in 9MM should I need to carry a 9 MM.

The 365 SAS or Hellcat might work better for me, but I have not touched them either.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  14. Teecher45

Teecher45

Nope. I’ve had no problems from any of my mags. Thanks for your concern though.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  15. Teecher45

Teecher45

I have no idea what you’re talking about, I actually wonder if you even know. It’s hard to understand what you’re saying sometimes.
    I’m not the OP, this is the part that may have you confused.
    I have a great life, thanks for the concern.
    I do like glocks, and several other brands of pistols.

Do you have a spellchecker?

Quade and AdamRodgers like this.
  16. Teecher45

Teecher45

We never had any issues, sorry y’all weren’t so lucky.

I came away with the opposite thinking when it came to how dependable glocks are. After all of those years on the range, with DOC, local jails, local LEO’s, and KSP, I never saw a failure that wasn’t attributed to (cheap) ammo.

We weren’t allowed to weld on our department issued guns, if we have any issues with anything weapon-related it went back to the factory.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  17. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Lots of cool, provoking, intriguing, and interesting offerings come down the pipe, and some are worth a good long look.
    As for "outglocking" a Glock? There is a reason Glock seems to be the yardstick that everything wants to measure by.

Quade, AdamRodgers and Teecher45 like this.
  18. Pluto57

Pluto57

What kind of issues did you encounter that required the guns to be sent back to the factory?

19. Pluto57

Pluto57

I'm not concerned. Really couldn't care less. There is a reason, tho, why Glock has come out with so many different follower designs and it isn't because the previous ones were "perfect".

20. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

So far all my followers' have fallowed just fine. I have a G-33 and a mix of G-31 15 round 357 Sig Gen4 Magazines, 22 Round 40 S&W Gen 4 magazines. 9 round 357 Sig and 40 S&W Gen 4 mags and all work with both calibers.
    I don't have a Conversion barrel for my G-20 but I use it's Gen 4 15 round magazines to feed my G-29 in 10 MM and 40 S&W, the G-29 has used both calibers too. I do not carry a 1o MM gun with 40 as the jostling in a normal walking might be different than firing at the range. (I think the slide violence of shooting would be much worse, but I am paranoid)

Anyway my guns and mags are all Gen 4. Someone mentioned Glock has a Gen 5 G-22 in the wings, not on their website yet. That might cause me stir.

Teecher45 likes this.