Now it's: You MUST wear a mask in this business...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by Doc Holliday, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Signs on all the doors 'You must wear a mask to enter'...well, okay, where was the sign for the last three months? Didn't they care about it then? Never saw signs, but now that control has been handed to each city (in Arizona) to set their policy, all of a sudden you need a mask. Even in the McD's drive-thru. Even in the Arizona State Parks. That's right, outside in the park.

Well, okay. Are they going to provide me with one? Last time I checked, NO ONE had them in stock. There were masks for customers at a restaurant I went to, but they were unwrapped and the greeter girl at the front door handed it to me with her bare hands...and they expect me to wear it now? I don't think so...

Macc283, The Machinist and IAhunter like this.
  2. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

There may be a reason for the sign..

upload_2020-6-25_12-58-39.png

3. varget

varget

I haven't gotten my back up about the masks. They are uncomfortable and contribute to fogging my glasses BUT all the "experts" claim they are the one thing we can do to halp contain the plague. I wear one whenever out and about. An inconvenience but perhaps a help?

4. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

I'm sure these same signs were posted at all the ANTIFA and BLM protests and riots too.

5. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I have worn a mask twice to go to the hair salon.. and once to go to my doctor. Thats it..

If places require a mask then they need to provide a new sealed mask for me. My car is clean but not a sealed sterile environment. So a mask sitting in my car a month is not what I would consider sterile

Deployment Solu likes this.
  6. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

To funny. And just now in the other thread you said you were being "smart".

Jonesee and faceplant like this.
  7. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

They should have been promoting masks in retail stores & service shops and public transportation since day 1. Kind of late to the game. In the UK, too.

You know, if they had just said "we think this is a good idea, and here's why" people would have listened. Now, state & local governments try to mandate it, and people are indignant. If it is that important, where the **** have you been the past 4 months on this issue, dear leaders and experts?

Sometimes, I'm not sure if everyone is really on the same team.

Deanster, flyover, Dukeboy01 and 5 others like this.
  8. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

First it's masks, next it will be underwear.

Blanton, NMG26, Oldschooltube and 7 others like this.
  9. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

wear a mask if you're healthy and law-abiding.
    don't wear one when you riot, loot and vandalize.
    makes perfect sense.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Macc283, glock1097, 6Actual and 6 others like this.
  10. nerr

nerr

I agree with this. Protecting myself in any way I can is what it's about for me. I don't care if I look even more like a doofus or people look at me funny (not much new there on either count). I do it because it's all I can do if I have to go amongst other humans.

The fact that the 'experts' have flip-flopped at least once on most of these preventative measures doesn't inspire confidence. But staying in my house with NO contact with the outside world for food, mail, whatever is not an option for me. So you make a decision based on the information you feel is best and go forward.

I may even HAVE the covid and still feel as good as an old man can.

Now if they tell me to do something vile like kiss a Democrat's feet to keep safe .... I'm going to die first.

11. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

It does indeed make sense. Did you ever try to loot wearing a mask? They fog up your glasses making it hard to see. One looter was very unhappy that he took a 55" flat screen TV. His glasses were fogged and he mistakenly thought it said 65". You can imagine the trauma this caused him.

12. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Where are the biohazard waste containers for the masks? Apparenty, it's ok to just throw them in the regular bin, in the shopping cart, on the ground....
    I guess the virus dies as soon as the mask leaves your face.

13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

If "they" want me to wear a mask, "they" can can give me one. Like they did at the Heart Doctor's office a few weeks ago.

Other than that, for my couple trips to town a month I'm not bothering trying to buy masks and wearing them.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  14. John_AZ

John_AZ

exactly. If they want me wearing underwear, they should give me clean and sterile underwear when I show up. That underwear that’s been sitting in my car for a month shouldn’t be considered clean and sterile.

quantico, tihash and BOOSTED12A like this.
  15. jmohme

jmohme

I really don't have a problem with places requiring masks. Even before with there were signs that just requested that you wear masks, I had no problem putting one on.

As far as nobody stocking them? I see them everywhere. There are even people selling masks out of their pickup trucks along road sides or in parking lots.

Are masks effective? Probably to some degree, but I really don't know for sure.
    All I know is that things finally opened back up to the point that I am back working again. The facilities that I work at are now requiring distancing and masks. If that is all it takes to get back to an otherwise normal life, then I will wear a mask.
    Yes, I would prefer to not be told "You have to" do anything, but this is a pretty minor anything.

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Yea, but a mask...OUTSIDE? At the park? What's next, when we sleep?

17. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

I’ve seen people wearing masks driving along in their cars. Unless they forgot they had it, it’s a bit silly.

18. jmohme

jmohme

I agree. That is excessive, unless maybe in a larger group, but I avoid those anyway.

19. B C

B C

Yup, politics. The left wants a 2nd lock down and to blame this on Republicans that don't want to tank the economy for something with a very, very low death rate.

The Machinist and NJ1911 like this.
  20. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Those are liberals.