Now I'm getting blanket email lecturing me on racism

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6Actual, Jun 12, 2020.

1. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

From the CEO of Nextdoor: Commiefornia wants to lecture all of us on the wickedness of being white

"Neighbors,

Let me say it unequivocally: Racism has no place on Nextdoor.

First, I want to express my outrage and sadness for those who have been hurt by the legacy of racism in the United States. I am heartbroken for those experiencing loss and grief right now.

Recent events have acutely exposed that some of the behavior we see on our platform is not at all in line with our values as a company. We’ve heard from many Black neighbors that they do not feel welcome and respected. For this, we are sorry. This, we must change.

Systemic racism in our nation will not be solved overnight. Neighborhoods, we believe, must be part of the solution. Nextdoor connects neighbors, creating dialogues with people you may not have otherwise known. These conversations can spark understanding — and drive change.

Nextdoor exists to foster these conversations in a civil, productive way. We are committed to building neighborhoods where everyone is empowered to participate. Our purpose at Nextdoor is to cultivate a kinder world where neighbors can rely on one another, where all feel welcome.

While we have been working for years to create this civil forum for discussions, it is time to expand our plan for improvements to our platform and our company. With our employees, neighbors, partners, and advisors, we are taking action.

We will better educate our neighbors on what is — and is not — allowed on our platform, drawing a firm line against racist behavior and removing comments and members who violate the rules. We will accelerate our plans to strengthen our community moderation. This will include improving the resources and support we provide to Neighborhood Leads who work to maintain civil and productive conversations on Nextdoor. We will also take deliberate steps to further increase diversity across our organization — and to make our team more reflective of the neighborhoods we want to serve.

This is important work, and there is much more to come. We are committed to plotting a clear path forward, where Nextdoor becomes a destination for vital conversations and trusted connections.

This change starts with sidewalk conversations and simple offers to help our neighbors in need. It will happen as we lean on each other through hurricanes and health crises, or when we come together at park cleanups and community cookouts. The important conversations start with these moments, at these intersections.

Only when we really see each other, will we begin to resolve our differences. Together, we will create a Nextdoor where everybody belongs.

This is only the beginning.

Sarah Friar
    Nextdoor CEO"

Suddenly there is just no end to every company jumping on "we are more woke than you are" bandwagon telling us how evil we all really are

CAcop, PBCounty, bigj480 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Send to Junk email!

Chui, Willard and 6Actual like this.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157

what is, "Nextdoor"..???

Chui and shadowgunner9 like this.
  4. 6Actual

It's like a local Facebook for soccer moms. apparently looking for a local plumber or handyman is now racist

CAcop, bigj480, Chui and 3 others like this.
  5. Crane1

Crane1

Tell 'em where to stick their email.

buddyd157 and 6Actual like this.
  6. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Return pic should be a dik pic.

7. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

With "Suck it" written in black marker on the aforementioned appendage..

pgg00, shadowgunner9 and 6Actual like this.
  8. 6Actual

The CEO has a net worth of 6.7 million doesn’t know me from Adam but wants to give me a lecture on racism.
    I would bet in her high walled gated community the only POC she ever sees (if she even sees them) are the ones who clean her home. I hope she eats a crap sandwich and chokes on it

9. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I junk email this **** and block the source.

mike from st pe likes this.
  10. Dave514

Dave514

Dear Sarah,
    Who freed the slaves?
    Who ended Jim Crow?
    Who passed the Civil Rights acts?

Love always,
    Your White Republican Neighbor

11. J. Gambolputty

J. Gambolputty

"Handyman" is sexist for sure. Probably racist also because "handy" without the "h" is "andy", as in "Amos and Andy" which sought to exploit black people on radio and film. Not sure about "plumbers" but give me a minute...

12. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

All the companies are tripping over themselves to prove they're not racist. "Here at (insert business here) we want you to know we are not racist. In 1999, we hired a black janitor named Bob. Bob is still with the company today and is still black."

Flags, Cubdriver, flyover and 3 others like this.
  13. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

My company is in on it, too. Our CEO sent a message to our 40,000 employees saying white employees need to recognize our white privilege.

6Actual and Inyo Tim like this.
  14. shadowgunner9

shadowgunner9 This used to be AMERICA........

,...............while kneeling at the One She Served......

15. PlayerOne

PlayerOne

Can we stop cluttering the front page with all these Company-X-New-BLM-Stance threads? Almost every company is going to do this for the press image. Stop getting indignant.

After the
    • great flood,
    • devastating wildfire,
    • catastrophic tsunami,
    • giant earthquake,
    • birds started attacking,
    we, here at Not-Evil Corp, stand behind the communities that the thing that happened happened to.

16. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

For those of you who are still employed, the company has issued its CYA policy. Be careful what you post, it is never really anonymous.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

17. Redeemed

Redeemed

The cool thing about a forum is you can read what you want, and ignore anything else.

My biggest issue with this policy where I am employed is that we have specific prohibitions about religious and political activism. Yet, they mandated we spend 8:46 observing a time of silence at a specified time the other day. I don’t want to participate thank you very much.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  18. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Our Nextdoor is supporting our local Police. They are giving out "we stand with our local police" signs. Some on council are wanting to go in with another Police dept. for our coverage. Some are worried about outside people thinking it's something else. NFW. tom.

6Actual likes this.
  19. slym2none

slym2none

My reply: "Please define: 'white privilege'

I am sure their reply would be "You're fired" and I'd be fine with that.

20. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

A white one.

6Actual likes this.