GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
under the pully
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While googling on a boring afternoon I find pics of what appears to be a glock select fire device. I'm staring at it for about 15 minutes and have no idea how it works. I know the little stationary post presses down the cruciform when the action closes but how that switch selects firing mode is giving me a headache. Obviously that switch rotates the cam on the other side but what would that do?:dunno:

·
Relax
1,432 Posts
We are not going to tell you how it works, even if we knew. You cant have one anyways so it's moot.

·
under the pully
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh I know I have no intention of crossing the alphabet gang I'm just the jerk who reads up on proton accelerators even though I'll probably never be in the same state as one.

ok I THINK I figured it out the rotating peice forces itself against the upper recess of the slide backplate area making the entire gizmo shift down engaging the post into the cruciform

·
Timber Baron
4,157 Posts
ok I THINK I figured it out the rotating peice forces itself against the upper recess of the slide backplate area making the entire gizmo shift down engaging the post into the cruciform
Exactly what it does, except that lower bar gets moved fore and aft instead of up and down.

Wanna see the patent application, including diagrams, dimensions, and text describing function, operation, and design?

http://www.jassing.com/josh/Binaries/autoglk.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts