Novell WINS... SCO loses!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Novell-Scoops-Up-the-Marbles-SCO-Goes-Home-69665.html

Novell Scoops Up the Marbles, SCO Goes Home

By Katherine Noyes
    LinuxInsider 03/31/10 2:02 PM PT

The bankrupt SCO Group was dealt another loss in its long and ugly legal battle against Linux when a federal jury declared Novell the legitimate owner of the Unix operating system. "In the time since the suit began, the claims and counterclaims have actually served to bolster the enterprise credibility of Linux," said 451 Group analyst Jay Lyman.

After six years of battle, a federal jury on Tuesday settled the longstanding SCO Group v. Novell (Nasdaq: NOVL) case by ruling that Novell owns the rights to the Unix operating system.

In 2003, the SCO Group began campaigning to get Linux users to pay it license fees, arguing that unspecified SCO intellectual property had been improperly included in Linux. SCO filed suit against Novell in 2004, claiming slander of title.

Now, following the District Court of Utah's decision, the case has finally been put to rest, causing widespread jubilation at Novell and throughout the Linux community.

-- More on the site...

It's about time this stupid law suit is over! HAHA! SCO lost and so onward in their death spiral they go!:supergrin:

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Outstanding! Y'know if lawsuits are the only way you can see to stay in business, perhaps your business model is at least partially flawed.

3. Daynja

Daynja

sigh......a certain company is suing every big company in my industry and winning. They don't make anything, they just claim everyone stole their big idea.

4. jasonvp

jasonvp Kantre Member Lifetime Member

They basically set themselves up to lose when they decided to take on IBM, at the beginning of this whole charade. I wanted to write them a letter that read something like:

But I didn't. I just sat, munched on my popcorn, and watched the fireworks.

It's sad, too. In the day, SCO was the company to go to if you wanted UNIX on an x86-style computer. But, they lost any and all innovative push sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. From there, it was all down hill until someone suggested, "Hey... let's sue everyone because of Linux. It's basically destroyed our business model, so we need to do something..."

Losers.

jas

5. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

Hey Dan,

SCO went south about the time the Dhurminator left. Coincidence? I think not...:whistling:

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

:supergrin: Perhaps they should have hired Richard...

:animlol:

7. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

That might have worked. He could have annoyed the competiton to death. SCO wins!