Nothing but factory parts

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by b/smith, Feb 24, 2010.

1. b/smith

b/smith

No more mods. everything I have changed
    on my 23 and 26 it gives me problems
    and not willing to chance a mal funtion
    in a life or death situation like 2+ extensions
    extended controls,

2. zeke66

zeke66

Six months ago, I had zero Glocks. Now I have three. What has drawn me to the brand is the lack of annoying variables and "bugs" that have to be worked out. For that reason, I'm in the process of liquidating all of my non-Glock semi-auto handguns, and I'll be danged if I'm gonna start introducing variables of my own by messing with my Glocks.

3. Glock+2

Glock+2

thousands of Glock owners have done mods with NO problem, sometimes those mods are done incorrectly and problems do arise:dunno:

4. Adjuster

Adjuster

99.9999% of the malfunction threads start like this: the only thing I have done to my Glock is the .25 trigger job. Glocks function flawlessly out of the box. Stop messing with them people.

5. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

Some people always think they can "improve" something. If it works, don't F with it.

6. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Yep! If you want to tinker, buy a cheap 1911 and tinker your hairy behind off.

But leave the Glock alone.

7. GLOCK MONSTER

GLOCK MONSTER

i beg to differ ! I rented a stock glock 23 and it felt pretty good . When i bought my used glock 23 that was already mod out .......... It felt even better , no it felt friggin great ! Diffrent strokes 4 diffrent folks . The recoil felt better with the steel rod , trigger felt lighter and crisp .

8. mboylan

mboylan

There are some aftermarket parts that are better than factory. There are some that are junk. There are also botched installation jobs.

9. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

I used to mess with all of my glocks... ext. slide stop and mag rel, 3.5 connector and night sights.

Now, all I do is polish all of the trigger contact points, and install night sights and call it good.

They all work just fine.

10. Brain Virus

Brain Virus

Agreed :D

11. j-glock22

j-glock22

Stock Glocks Rock.

12. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Some mods are worthwhile. Metal night sights, smooth face triggers on the compact and sub-compact models, grinding off the finger bumps...

13. RickD6023

RickD6023

My two Glocks are stock with one exception - Agrip on my G22. Since I CCW I avoid modifying my Glocks with new triggers, connectors, etc. The only mod I am considering is to replace my stock rear sight on my G30 with LaserLyte.

14. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

You tell folks not to mess with them yet you did a .25 trigger job?
    Do you have any idea how many folks have screwed up a .25 trigger job?
    Any mod is just like a .25 trigger job, If done right and done with quality parts then its just fine.

15. CynicX

CynicX

I think you mis read his post...

16. BHP9

BHP9

And even more haven't done anything, with the possible exception of the 25 cent trigger.:tongueout:

17. Line Rider

Line Rider

I try to attend one or two shooting schools a year. Every Glock that I have seen problems with at these schools has been because someone has put in some crap after market part(s) thinking it will may his gun "run" better.

The last one I witnessed was a Glock 20. This shooter had replace the all mag floor plates with a +2s and added a stainless steel guide rod. When one of the floor plates came off the spring shot in front of me and all the ammo dropped to the ground. Later the gun would not go in to battery because of the guide rod. He finished the course with a stock GL 19 that another shooter loaded him.

18. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

You're right, I did..Sorry Adjuster..

19. Brucev

Brucev

I have a G-22 that is straight stock OEM. I have a SA Mil-Spec 1911 that is straight stock OEM. The same is true of all my S&W revolvers. That having been said, I have almost always modified any 1911 I ever owned. And I have been thinking hard about making a few changes to my G-22... i.e., night sights, lazer, trigger job. Using quality parts it beggars the imagination that one could not modify a Glock in exactly the same manner that so many have customized 1911's, various Ruger 10-22's, etc.

The really neat thing about the Glock is that the owner can do just about all modifications without resorting to a professional gunsmith. With care and a little common sense, one can try out different ideas and see if they meet ones expectations. If they work... good. If they do not work... one can always return the gun to OEM condition. To some degree the same is true of the 1911, etc. Maybe that explains some of the popularity of the 1911 and the Glock... both are extremely adaptable by the end user. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Night sights.........all the "aftermarket" you need.