Not your average Pit bull story...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, May 15, 2018.

1. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

My daughter has a 90 sweetheart of a pit. Evil looking till he smiles. I keep dog biscuits in a cargo pocket.

2. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Beaver Falls, PA pack of them attacks mail carrier. 5/15. Not posting a link. Do your own research. About 1.5 miles from my house.

3. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad

Not a Pit bull. It's an American Bully Dog. One of the least likely to ever be vicious. They are as kind a Labs.

inthefrey likes this.
  4. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert

My good friend had a Yellow Pit that was the runt and they gave it to him. He is very good at training Dogs.

This little Dog hated cats and would dispatch them on command. However, it was highly disciplined and would sit on a bench in front of his house if told to stay whether a cat walked by or someone through a hotdog on the ground in front of her. He would through Dog Treats an the floor an tell wait. It would lay down and watch it for a half hour until he said okay. She would sit in the back of his Pickup while he was in a store and not bark or get off the truck.

The Dog was bitten by a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin and it died that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad

The bold print tells a lot about this issue. Sorry to hear of your friend's loss.

C_Hallbert likes this.
  6. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert

I don’t know how to get bold print on my iPhone. Thanks.....

7. Chui

Chui

All you said applies to humans, too. Yet we do trust one another enough to create and maintain a society.

Same with the Bulldog.

Yes, they are exceptionally hardy, tough and vigorous animals.

They are catchdogs but they aren't the most likely to bite a human. For that look at your livestock guardians and shepherd dogs. That doesn't make them bad dogs, either. Their territorial nature can be used for good - and it is.

I think we have more irresponsible owners of working Bulldogs than we do of, say, working Giant Schnauzers or Bouviers or Malinau.

They'll all chase cats and if they catch them they'll dispatch them.

It's what dogs have always tended to do. ‍♂️

8. Chui

Chui

Makes ME wonder about the owner... what did she condition her dogs to do; how did she treat them... lots of things I'd like to know about ANY dog that bites, to be honest.

9. Chui

Chui

Let's see... Christian nation has military bases in Muslim lands supporting a claim to lands the Muslims do not recognize.

Yeah, I fully expect them to resist fiercely. Why anyone would not puzzles me to no end.

But that's just me.

10. plp

plp

I got mauled the other day by two of them, had drool all over my pants and boots from the repeated game of fetch with tennis balls. While talking to the owner one was laying on his feet, the other was laying on mine.

There are good and bad in all breeds, and yes, am aware of some of them going nuts, have seen it myself and had to have a dog put down because of it. It was Sudden Rage Syndrome, and while not common, happens to......English Springer Spaniels. One day, happy playful pup, the next, had attacked his sire and dam, and tried to go for my throat when I went into the pen.

11. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Wow.

Just....

Wow.

:rofl:

12. Seriously?

Seriously? Ret. U.S.A.F. Historian

So.........we have military bases in the pit bull homeland?

And that's why they kill about 30 people every year, maim hundreds of people every year and kill about 38,000 innocent dogs, cats, goats, ponies etc. every year?

Lucky they haven't figured out suicide bombs yet.

C_Hallbert likes this.
  13. Seriously?

The problem with your excuse is that "all breeds" don't kill about 30 people every year, maim hundreds of people every year and kill about 38,000 innocent dogs, cats, goats, ponies etc. every year.

It's the PIT BULL that does that!

No other type of dog even comes close......in 2017 pit bulls killed 29 humans and the nearest competitor was the German shepherd with.........FOUR.

Pit bulls are in a class by themselves.........a death and destruction class.

14. rogn

rogn real dogs

Th
    The "devil cut " may or not be an advantage to fighting dogs, but in our area they were most commonly seen on dogs held by drug trafficers and wrere thoght to be status symbols or to be intimidating. Dogs usually had collar of logging chain with a padlock as buckle.
    These dogs became the active breeders in the open and as such showed up at the humane societies and adoption facilities out of proportion to other breeds and crosses. They in turn were adopted by many who had no business having a dog or even having children. The preponderance of these dogs are some of the worlds greatest lickers. The problem, regardless of normal behavior, is that they can have a "trigger" response to some stimulus which has too often been the motion or appearance of small animals or small children. Often the outcome has been catastrophic. This characteristic has been over represented in the "breed". AGAIN not every dog but there are some.Just be aware of that. Well trained, well disciplined, etc are not exempt from this particular anomaly.
    Both camps dont want to hear what Im saying but please just be aware that exceptions do exist.

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

I always find it humorous when we compare a dog breed to the most vile of creatures, humans. We can't compare a pittie with a Muslim. What indoctrination of hatred has the pittie breed had?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Seriously?

The big difference, of course, is that "any dog" that bites doesn't have the massive jaws and muscular body of the pit bull.

Nor has "any dog" been carefully bred for hundreds of years to kill.......to dominate the blood sports by gripping, shaking, ripping and eviscerating with those huge jaws and being "game" enough to press the attack to the death and after the death.

Compare that with a nip from a cocker spaniel.

Pit bulls have proven themselves over and over to be NOT safe for human contact.

17. Seriously?

Far worse than the Muslim, the Pit bull has been carefully and scientifically bred for hundreds of years to kill.......to dominate the blood sports by gripping, shaking, ripping and eviscerating with those huge jaws and being "game" enough to press the attack to the death and after the death.

Ain't no..........ain't NO human ever had that kind of selective breeding.

18. Seriously?

Oh, my camp wants to hear exactly what you're saying.

It correctly lays out the precise reason that pit bulls must be banned.

It doesn't matter that some of them don't kill........because enough of them DO kill......and maim.....and hospitalize......and traumatize........and murder innocent small dogs and cats in seconds--leaving dead pets that were beloved family members and leaving family members in shock after watching the brutal execution.

(About 38,000 such executions happen each year.)

19. Sharkey

Sharkey

You don't know what you don't know. I guess you could come visit and see my lazy pittie that is scared of strangers except at a dog park. Did you ever ask yourself why these dogs bred to fight rarely ever bite those reaching into the pit to grab them? Have you ever seen episodes of Pit Bulls and Parolees? Why don't they have issues? You never answered my question either - why do the majority of pitties NOT kill or attack if they were bred to be killing machines?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Chui likes this.
  20. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert

They say that there are a million ways to die in the naked city. Just because something is dangerous or kills does not mean it should be ‘banned by big brother’. Tragedies are reminders for people to stay observant, to be prepared to act defensively and to be cautious in all the things they do. Every death is a lesson in life’s fragile and temporary reality. The mere fact that sometimes something kills is hardly a criterion for ordering its extinction. Cars kill tens of thousands of people every year so should we ban them, too? No, because cars have a purpose and a place in our lives, and so do Pit Bulls.

Chui likes this.