close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not sure if this has ever been asked here yet...

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by JGinzo, Dec 29, 2005.

1. JGinzo

JGinzo

I am looking for a company that makes a pocket-size field guide to use for language emergencies. I am particularly looking to have one for French or Creole. I persnoally speak English and Spanish but we serve a large Haitian community in South Florida and wanted something that I can use to communicate with them in an emergency. If I can't find a company than I will probably develop one mysself I guess but I would rather buy it. Thanks!

2. Pa Glock guy

Pa Glock guy

You might want to try some of the webistes that sell law enforcement books. Ive seen some spanish ones but not french or creole. By the way, whats creole? For french you might want to try a book store and look in their travel section. They might have some books for travelers. I dont mean to sound racist or hijack your thread or start a war, but it will be a cold day in hell before I learn another language to use on people in my country.

3. JGinzo

JGinzo

I found it already but just for your infor Creole is what Haitians speak. It's very similar to French

4. Tvov

Tvov

Really? I thought Creole was from the Louisiana Bayou area. Or is it both from Bayou and Haiti? and/or other places?

No disrepect intended towards anyone. Just an un-traveled Yankee asking!

5. JGinzo

JGinzo

Not sure myself honsetly but the Haitians that are here in South Florida speak Creole. French is real close in conversation.