close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

not such good news Update on back surgery and prayer requested if you pray

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lady Glock, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I’m going in Thursday for an x-ray and a visit with my doc…it seems I’m having pain in places and at times when I shouldn’t. I might have hurt my back by picking up a glass bowl out of the oven while bending over. I was told (2 weeks after I had already done it) not to put myself in that position

Good news, God is so good to me. I have had help to pay the ticket I received and I still have enough to get my tags. The only issue now is getting insurance on the car which I have to do before they will allow me to get the new tags. The last time I checked, my insurance would be about $730 for 6 months. Since I am no longer working, I know my landlord will not help pay that. Prayers that God will provide would be appreciated. Prayer warriors have always been such a blessing, and I appreciate each and every prayer I receive.

I pray you all have the most blessed and happy New Year. I pray that 2013 is better for us all than 2012 was. (Even if 2012 was good, I pray 2013 is better).

God Bless and Happy New Year to ALL

2. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

sometimes prayers are answered , sometimes not , in any case heres prayers that you find solace and hope :wavey:

3. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you so much. God Bless you for the prayers. Those are what I most covet!

I need healing, I need recovery, I need released from my restrictions and I need work.

4. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Prayers sent...

I think I am looking at neck surgery in the near future. So I know how you feel. Sorta.

5. The Fed

The Fed

Prayers aside, do not get back surgery so fast. I would need to know more but unless you have SEVERE stenosis I would pass for now. I've been through it all - the pain, etc. Hurt so bad I went to a neurosurgeon, figuring he would give me a cortisone injection. He said find a good chiropractor and strengthen my back muscles.

I strained my back badly - could barely walk. Took 9 months but it's fine now. Discs WILL heal.

6. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Please, let me know if you do indeed face the surgery....I'll be happy to say prayers for your safety during surgery, and your recovery afterwards. In the meantime, I will keep you in my prayers for your pain (if you're facing surgery, you must be having at least SOME pain). God Bless and Happy New Year. And thank you so much for the prayers.

7. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I had bulging discs, one finally collapsed. I had sciatica becasue of the bulging and had 3 different kinds of shots. 4 shots all together. The last shots (facet injections) did more harm than good. I kept falling and had to start using a cane. I'm only 45 and still need to work. We tried EVERYTHING to make it workable, but we were left with nothing but the surgery. They removed the L5, replaced it with a spacer and then used rods and screws to fuse. It's hard to get around. If I use a store bought brace I can manage flat surfaces, If I use a tens unit, I can almost manage stairs, though they hurt with each step. The cane is just used to make sure I don't fall and does nothing to help with pain. I'm on pain meds that aren't working well and that is part of Thursday's appointment. Not sure what our next step will be, but I think we've gone as far medically as we can. I pray I didn't do anything to hurt the surgery site...I need to find a job soon...I'm wracking up $1000 a month, every month I can't pay. Thank GOD my landlord has been so generous in letting us stay though it was mostly because I was housekeeping, cooking and dogsitting which I can barely do but little bits of each now.

8. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Thank you for the prayers. They are appreciated!

9. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

My pleasure. Same to you! Thank you so much

10. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

The xray is in about 3 hours...the appointment with my doc is 15 minutes after the xray. I still don't have insurance and I"m not sure that I will until after I get a job after being released by the doc to have a job with NO restrictions. So...in the meantime, I drive to my appointments, the the store and to interviews (if I am blessed enough to be called for one) with no insurance. I am always careful, but I know accidents happen...there is NOTHING I can do about it because I can't get insurance on my own and I can't get help to get it. I'm praying...I'm trying...and I cry because I hate taking chances, but as someone suggested "get a taxi"...if I could get a taxi, I would just pay for insurance on the car. Please....prayer is so urgent right now...God Bless you for the prayers. Thank you so much.

11. flw

flw

I had back surgery in 2005 and it was less helpful than I expected.

God has changed my life as a result and I will pray for you. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more or just want to bend a ear.

God bless you and keep you free from true worry.

12. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

Prayers and good thoughts sent. :wavey:

13. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I don't pray, but I do have compassion and send some your way.

14. deputy tom

deputy tom

LG, prayers sent. tom.

15. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

flw, DWARREN123, Glock 20 and Deputy Tom...thank you all so much for the prayers and good thoughts.

My doc today wants me to start physical therapy, that means 3 trips to the therapist's office per week for the next 12 weeks. Prayers will DEFINITELY be needed that I don't get caught. Thank you so much!

16. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I just tried to order my new tags for my car (which is only $48), but was refused because the state does an insurance search and will not tag an un-insured auto. One question on the form is affirming under penalty of law that you are currently insured and will remain insured while the auto is on the roads. I'm freaking now...I have 12 weeks, 3 days a week, of physical therapy that I either drive to without current tags and no insurance or I don't go and don't get better. I need prayers, heavy prayers...that something happens to provide insurance so I can make it to my therapy. Please....I know several of you are praying...please, pray hard with me that something happen so I can get better and get back to work.

God Bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.