Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a lot of finger pointing to the left and conspiracies, but I just wanted to point out that CCI/Blazer is selling 100rnd packs of 36gr CCI Mini-Mag for cheaper than any single seller online (ammoseek.com as source). The CCI/Blazer website has free shipping too.

I know, shop with your dollars. Got that. The shooting community needs to come together and ask why Ruag (Swiss based) is the price leader for 9mm with 124gr brass 9mm Norma/Geco/Ruag always in stock and always cheaper than steel wolf junk from retailers.

Norma 357mag (a clear American leading catridge) has been 100% available through Ruag's website ammoshoponline.com, non stop. Price is 1/4 cheaper or greater than any of the next options from online retailers.

At some point we need to ask online retailers why they are hosing us. This is a total joke. I don't see a single person saying anything other that silly "market" comments. Clearly price fixing is happening.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
There is a lot of finger pointing to the left and conspiracies, but I just wanted to point out that CCI/Blazer is selling 100rnd packs of 36gr CCI Mini-Mag for cheaper than any single seller online (ammoseek.com as source). The CCI/Blazer website has free shipping too.

I know, shop with your dollars. Got that. The shooting community needs to come together and ask why Ruag (Swiss based) is the price leader for 9mm with 124gr brass 9mm Norma/Geco/Ruag always in stock and always cheaper than steel wolf junk from retailers.

Norma 357mag (a clear American leading catridge) has been 100% available through Ruag's website ammoshoponline.com, non stop. Price is 1/4 cheaper or greater than any of the next options from online retailers.

At some point we need to ask online retailers why they are hosing us. This is a total joke. I don't see a single person saying anything other that silly "market" comments. Clearly price fixing is happening.
Would you have any idea how the CCI web site price compares to a big bog store such as Walmart? Thanks

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I never looked at the CCI site before. Pretty funny…everything 9mm, 380, 38/357 “currently unavailable “….but they had several choices in the big, bad .40s&w, lol.

·
Registered
808 Posts

I appreciate the heads up. I just upped my stock of 22. I have not seen velcitors in years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did get some CCI stingers at Walmart a couple weeks ago. The case was empty but an employee had a handful of boxes of ammo he was about to put in the case. He had 9 boxes of CCi Stingers going for $6.00 a box of 50. I bought three (the limit) and my GF bought three. Ten minutes later I went by and all the ammo he'd had was gone.

My local range, ReLoad has had almost no ammo in the 6 months I've been going there. Last trip a week ago they had a significant amount of ammo. Only about 25% 'full' and still at highish prices.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
The CCI page shows Stingers for $9.99 for 50 with a 10 box limit. $19.99 for 100 count but are not available. Free shipping is for orders over $99.00. $6.00 box at Wally World looks pretty good if you can find them.

Thanks for heads up Wild Cat, still a good source if you can't find ammo.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
1. Cut out the middle man and of course it can be sold for less.

2. You predicted this response, “market.” CCI is clearly leaving money on the table, unless they’re having trouble moving ammo at those lower prices. If online retailers can’t keep them in stock at higher prices, then, well, the price is still too low. The ones that PAY the high prices are the ones setting the prices so high. How is this so hard to understand?

·
Super Moderator
20,265 Posts

That isn't really "free shipping". It's an inflated base price to cover shipping, and the other online sites are doing the same thing, or charging a lower price and then adding shipping costs.

Over the last month, two of my local Walmarts have been selling 100 round boxes of .22LR CCI Mini-Mags for less than $8 a box (I can't remember the exact price). One of our local gun shops had a recent shipment of the same ammo, and an older shipment about a month ago, and both times they sold it at $9.99 a box, because (like Walmart) they don't have to charge shipping.

I don't think this is price fixing; it's the current rock bottom online retail price, based on current wholesale prices, when online sellers have to pay to ship it to you.

The Norma .357 has a FMJ bullet; most of the domestic .357 has expanding bullets. JHP/JSP loads will ALWAYS be higher priced than FMJ range/training ammo.
I ran a test/cart with two boxes (total of 100 rounds), and after shipping, etc., it came out to a few pennies short of $90.
I would expect the other loads with expanding bullets to be about as much higher as you described, under normal OR inflated market conditions.
The fact that you said the ammo has constantly been in stock tells me it's not very popular, even during this shortage, and the bullet type is probably why.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
In the past year there have been twenty million new shooters in the USA per an editorial I read in a gun magazine. That's a lot of folks. 22 ammo has always been a huge seller, and now with centerfire ammo scarcity and price increases it stands to reason that folks will be shooting a lot of 22 ammo. I know that I am, but I have always shot a fair amount of rimfire.

Several ammo manufacturing CEO's have spoken out about the increased demand and their company's efforts to keep their loading lines running. I don't have any reason to doubt them. I just wonder if European rimfire manufacturers have increased production of rimfire ammo.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have found I can buy Federal 9mm cheaper locally than I can from their site.
I dont have a lot of retail options locally so buying 22 from CCI was a deal. If I could find it I would have to factor in gas and dinner so with or without shipping it was a pretty good deal for me. I also dont know if I could have stomached buying $200+ of 22 in person, for some reason buying online with a CC doesnt hurt as bad.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm not arguing the point on Walmart, but surely people on a gun forum can connect that it's odd that Walmart (largest rifle ammunition buyer) isn't a gun specialty store. While their volume is higher, the online ammo stores should have better pricing. CCI/Speer is selling something you almost never see at Walmart for 3 dollars more, shipped. Shipped means you don't have to go to Walmart and shipped means it cost CCI/Speer more to ship to you.

But online gun stores can't sell it cheaper?

For example. SGAmmo is currently selling Speer Lawman 9mm for HIGHER than Speer is selling it online with free shipping.

Wait. What? Why is that? In fact, Speer is selling Lawman for cheaper (with free shipping) than any online retailer according to ammoseek.com.

So here' is what I'm saying. Online sellers would sell out quick if they sold lower...yeah. No kidding or arguement. But the point of a retailer isn't to store inventory.

It's a little odd they are all about the same price, but all higher than buying direct from CCI/Speer AND the lowest costing 9mm 124gr FMJ (quality, not junk) is coming from Ruag (a Swiss company) that set up a website to sell direct to customers this year.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts