Glock Talk banner

Not new to reloading , but new to Glocks

836 Views 18 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  cwall64
I have been reloading for a little while , but I'm new to reloading for Glocks . I would like to know how are stock glock barrels with plated bullets ?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,230 Posts
Been using Xstreme plated bullets in 9mm, 40, 45 acp & gap for over 17 years.

· DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,230 Posts
Just make sure you do not over crimp or go wild on fps. The brief testing I did before this trip they shot better than the Delta 124 gr bullets I tried.

· Registered
2,391 Posts
Plated bullets are ok, however sensitive to crimp.

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,894 Posts
Xtreme plated is what I mostly run through my Glocks. I load for 9 mm, 40 S&W, 10 mm, 45 ACP, 357 Sig in the Glock platform with zero issues.

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,894 Posts
No problems with the 10mm ?
No issues with 10mm but I'm loading 180 grain bullets to 1200FPS or so at most.
According to Xtreme you can push their plated HP's to 1500 or so IIRC, but for plinking or practice, 1050 to 1200 is fine for me.

· Registered
51 Posts
I tested these "10/40-180 RNFP HPCB" in the Glock 20 with a KKM barrel at roughly 1300 fps and did not get as tight a groups as I do with Hornady HAPs. X-treme claimed they were good to 1500 fps, but in my test off bags they looked like a shotgun pattern at 10 yards off bags, whereas the Hornady's 10 shot group where all touching. I was rather disappointed, so I decided to test in the 40 S&W and at an average of 1020 fps they were perfectly accurate! I would imagine in the 10mm I just need to drop them to 1200 fps or a tad lower and they should be great.

· Registered
8,238 Posts
The best plate bullets I've used so far are Powerbond bullets. Thick copper, and they don't mind pushing to 10mm velocities. Very consistent diameters and weights. I shoot them in 10mm and 40.

But ive shot plenty of others too. Those types have needed a bit more finesse to run right. Just remove the bell. Bell enough to not scrape any copper. Keep velocities and pressures modest. Powerbond bullets have not been fussy like that.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best plate bullets I've used so far are Powerbond bullets. Thick copper, and they don't mind pushing to 10mm velocities. Very consistent diameters and weights. I shoot them in 10mm and 40.

But ive shot plenty of others too. Those types have needed a bit more finesse to run right. Just remove the bell. Bell enough to not scrape any copper. Keep velocities and pressures modest. Powerbond bullets have not been fussy like that.
Taterhead , Thank you very much for your help , an information . I'll have to check out Powerbond bullets .

· Registered
20,247 Posts
No problems with the 10mm ?
I feed my G20 and G29 a steady diet of 155, 165 and 180 grain Ranier plated bullets, with no problems.
I've been shooting plated rounds through my G21 for over 20 years.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
I have been reloading for a little while , but I'm new to reloading for Glocks . I would like to know how are stock glock barrels with plated bullets ?
As other have stated, Glock barrels will handle most any type of plated type bullets out on the market. I like Rainier brand bullets, Barnes, Xstreme just to name a few.

You will find that you just can't ware out a stock Glock barrel with normal wear & tear shooting. Ten thousand rounds between by G17 and G21 - no damage and both are still very accurate.

Load up & shoot away!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.