Not Impressed with the CZ P-10C

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Bikrguy85, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

So, a brief introduction. I have a Gen 2 Glock 23 and a Glock 43 (everyday carry). Honest Glock/striker-fire user. I had a Sig P938, but given the all metal body and 1911 style, I just didn't care for it (too heavy compared to the aquired G43). DA/SA is alright, but I do not carry appendix, and furthermore I don't goto the range enough to warrant a range gun (thus selling my CZ-75).

Earlier in the year, I had my heart set on a CZ P10C, given the trigger and typical basic Glock style (wasn't too fond of the overstyling of German pistols). They were of course, sold out so I purchased (based on what the salesperson was carrying) a Walther PPQ M1. The ergonomics, grip, mag release, was great. The trigger was amazing. Other than the high bore axis, and profound muzzle flip, it was a good shooter - much easier than my Glocks.

Fast forward a few months and the Gen 5 Glock is relased. Call my LGS and behold they have a G19 along with a CZ P-10C in stock. Unfortunately, I sold my PPQ knowing I'd pick one of the two. I held both and chose the CZ, due to the trigger - mostly, and what I felt was poor design on Glocks part, the undercut in the grip (near magazine opening) and some fit and finish issues (never a huge fan of the Glocks with finger groves).

Less than a week later, I am having doubts about the CZ P-10C. The magazine and slide releases are way to hard, and for as rough as the grip is (cheese grater rough - which is fine) I find it hard to get a good position on it. I have to change my grip in order to release the magazine or slide (partly due to how hard it is to engage) and also, my hand really fits between their S and M backstraps. The design and finish of the overall gun looks nice, especially the slide, however.

So, I'm back to square one, of either purchasing a Walther PPQ or a new found interest, HK VP9. I feel the styling of the VP9 is better, but the PPQ still wins out for ergonomics (if I can just get over the high bore axis and well, "hipoint" look that Walther seems to use). Great shooter, just not in love with it.

Honestly, I could just say screw it and purchase a Gen 3 or 4 Glock 19. It's a safe bet and honestly better size than the others (given capacity and grip length) but I do shoot better with the others, for one reason or another.

2. bunk22

bunk22

Have to do what makes you happy, what feels good to you. I agree to your issues, so I use two fingers (on each side), to move the slide forward....if I'm not sling shooting the slide. The mag release is something you have to deal with. I actually put Talon Grips on my first P10C lol My second is back at CZ for an issue. But again, if the gun is a problem child for you, get something else.

Toby196 likes this.

3. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

The slide-stop isn't an issue with me. I don't use them as slide release. Not saying one way is right or wrong. It's just the way I was taught. The mag release on mine isn't as bad as reports by some others. I have med/small hands and pretty much have to adjust my grip on most all of my duty sized pistols to operate the mag release anyway.
    The new 2.0 Compact is also promising. Nearly identical in size to a 19 with better ergos.

4. bac1023

bac1023

It’s good that there are so many choices in the polymer service pistol market these days.

Lee Elliott, Toby196, gp23 and 2 others like this.
  5. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

Better check out the new M&P 2.0 compact. Just picked mine up and just on feel alone it is quite a bit better than my 5th gen g19.

If this thing performs at the range half as good as it fits my hand it will become my next duty pistol after its proves itself reliable after 500

TXPO

Christopher67 likes this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Yep I would check out the M&P before deciding on anything. It is a nice gun. It may convince me to dump my G19 and I never thought that would happen.

Christopher67 likes this.
  7. grumpy1

grumpy1

The PPQ is sweet. I use the large back strap on mine as it fits my hand better and gives me better control and I just love shooting it and is the pistol that goes with me to the range the most because of that. I personally don't really notice my PPQ 9MM being any more flippy than my Glock 19 or VP9. The VP9 is really sweet too. Glocks are great too. :cool:

Best bet is to see if you can try out whatever you are considering first and then make a decision. There are a lot of good choices in SF pistols and you should be able to find something that works for you. The new M&P 2.0 Compact is certainly something to consider. I will probably get one myself soon.

Toby196 and Tuscany like this.
  8. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

Just took it back to the range, FMJ feed fine, failure to feed every single one of my hollow points.

Shoots nice and level and the trigger is good, probably going with either an HK VP9 or the formentioned M&P 2.0

9. silentpoet

silentpoet

I picked up my vp9 about 10 days ago. Still need to shoot it. But nothing from dry firing it makes me regret my purchase.

10. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

I found a gray VP9 at my local store. Might get it.

11. Finestkind

Finestkind

I like my P10C and shoot it better then my gen 5 19. It fits my hand well and the trigger feels good to me.

Finestkind

Toby196, kiser64 and Handwrecker like this.
  12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It's a shame that you sold a gun you did like to purchase one that you didn't.

13. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

Kind of funny, really. But if I loved it, I wouldn't have sold it.

14. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

I have a P10 on layaway. Liked the way it felt but I'll be putting Talon grips on it. Had the PPQ and felt the trigger was TOO LIGHT.

15. bunk22

bunk22

Lets see pics or video of these JHP failures....

Quietus likes this.
  16. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

As good as the trigger is on the PPQ, I found it too artifical, almost like an aresal can after firing my cz or even the m&p 2.0

17. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

Because I take pictures and videos while at the range.

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It's kind of funny that you hate the P10, but you bought it.

19. Bikrguy85

Bikrguy85

20. bunk22

bunk22

I do while shooting, especially when my gun jams, it allows me to analyze the problem. I am curious as to what the problem is.

Quietus likes this.