GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Halloween, for me, is simply handing out candy. Which, I won't be doing this year.

Anybody else?
Why not?
What's different this year, besides the obvious?

I had 9 Trick or Treaters. That's 9 more than last year and well above our annual average.
I heard that many of the usual Trunk or Treat events were canceled due to covid fears / overreaction.
I am glad to do it.
I carried on just like every other year.
The first group of littles ran back to their parents, shouting that they had "hit the jackpot".

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Nope. Probably won't be a lot of kids out there anyhow. This whole year has been a real downer, just waiting for 2021 at this point.
IF that makes a difference

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Just about everything has been postponed by Covid 19 and preparing for hurricanes here in South Louisiana. We’re way out in the country and have never had a trick or treater come to our door. We always have a few treats around on Halloween just in case, but end up eating them all before Thanksgiving...
Where abouts?
I'm from Metairie, but hung out, a lot in Hopedale. My dad's buddy had a camp there. MANY fishing weekends!

Reactions: Blackshirt

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Halloween is officially forbidden by my little town. The door-to-door mini-golf drinking game last month was acceptable though.
Time to oust some pols.

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
What I hand out isn't the issue. Wear a mask? Don't wear a mask? Wear a mask but wear a halloween mask?

Or simply leave a bucket of candy by the door?

Wear a mask and answer the door? But with things the way they are, wear a gun this year? Which one? The Sig 226 9mm? Or maybe I should carry a full auto?

It ain't the treats that are the issue. It's like an episode of Walking Dead and you don't know what kind of freaks to expect. The teenaged kid dressed up like a zombie might not be asking for candy. He might be overdosing on crack.

What if BLM shows up and says halloween is wasist? What then?

Too much drama. I don't need it. This year I'm gonna pass.
Where TF do you live, Detroit?

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
Nov 1...time for everyone to return all their Halloween purchases now. Costumes, lawn decorations...get your money back.

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Nov 1...time for everyone to return all their Halloween purchases now. Costumes, lawn decorations...get your money back.
Won't there be another Halloween in 364 days?

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
Yup, but you'll still see the mile-long lineup at the Walmart Service Desk with people trying to get their money back, like it was some kind of rental.
People suck

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
I’m in Waldheim...between Covington and Bush. Northshore, but I grew up in Metairie.
Metry! What a great place to grow up!
Alice Birney elem
John Q Adams middle
East Jeff high
Graduated 1982 Grace King high

Reactions: Blackshirt
81 - 95 of 95 Posts