GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Took the kid trick or treating. Neighborhood is mostly older residents/retirees so not never has been a whole lot of people participating. Was about 50/50 people putting out a bucket of candy and people sitting on their porch with the candy on a table nearby. A few people handing it out.

Think there were more people out with their kids than there was last year. Before COVID a lot of people were too paranoid about someone tampering with the candy to let their kids go trick or treating. Guess everyone's bored this year.

Know a few people having parties this weekend but I'll be working.
But Halloween ain't til Saturday...I am confused.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
LOL, hell, why stop there? Just quit living, man. No use going on if you live in a damned bubble.
That's the problem with the written word, viz. it doesn't properly convey sarcasm.

Yet, every other reader correctly intuited sarcasm via the "wasist" crack.

Yet, still, it escaped you. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Is that an "uncontrolled burn?" :alex:
It's not a burn at all. I pulled that picture of my driveway from Google Earth because it shows the topology of the land and how steep the driveway is. I have no idea why it looks so ugly and burned? Perhaps because it was taken in the winter from space? A friend flew over my house and took a more accurate photo, but it does not show the entire driveway.
Aerialvewhous_.jpg

Attachments

·
Pinky Out
59,117 Posts
? Lots of places don't do trick or treating on Halloween. Could drive around to different developments/towns and go trick or treating pretty much all week.
:headscratch:

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
It's not a burn at all. I pulled that picture of my driveway from Google Earth because it shows the topology of the land and who steep the driveway is. I have no idea why it looks so ugly and burned? Perhaps because it was taken in the winter from space? A friend flew over my house and took a more accurate photo, but it does not show the entire driveway. View attachment 858808
That is a great looking piece of property. It's nice to see it after you've mentioned it in your posts.

·
Registered
810 Posts
We have candy and will have our porch light on. If a munchkin shows up they'll get treated.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Blue Moon tonight. Plan to catch UFC tonight at Twin Peaks if they are showing it. If not, pizza at my place with porch light off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,453 Posts
Doesn't look like anybody took any candy from the basket I left near the front door. I will send it with BF to Patrick AFB for disposal.

I hope someone knocks on my hotel door tonight.
Will they get a trick or a treat? LOL

Me being nosy again it's what I do.

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
****** Viejo
28,765 Posts
We didn't see any kids or hear any noise from the sidewalks last night. I guess the kids skipped Halloween this year too. Our Grand-kids stopped by in the afternoon and liked their buckets full of goodies. tom. :cowboy:

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I live in a residential neighborhood, we usually get 60-70 kids. I set up a propane lantern at the end of the driveway (our street can get very dark and the moon wasn't out yet) and a bowl of candy. I like seeing the kids and talking with the parents, so I sat out there.

Probably had 45-50 kids, seemed like the older kids were staying in this year. My kid came back with a pretty good sized bag of candy, so quite a few people were participating this year.

There's a guy that cooks hotdogs on the grill every year. It's legendary with the kids, they call his house Hot Dog Alley. He also has a beer for the parents. To the sadness of all, Hot Dog Alley was closed this year.

After trick-or-treating a few of us went over to the neighbors for a bonfire. The kids had fun, one even chipped a tooth, and the dads had a beer or two and told stories about the stupid things we did on Halloween a long time ago.

The moon was incredible last night, glad we stayed out to see it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Haven't "done halloween" in a lot of years. I actually hate this so-called holiday.

·
Registered
810 Posts
We had four (4) show up.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts