30,247 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,091 Posts
Reactions: ThatGuyYouKnow

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Even some old folks go crazy with Halloween, this is within a few block of my house, shot in Daytime, and before Sun rise in early am.

Little too many inflatables, and we get no kids knock our door.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Halloween is not a big deal for me. When my kiddos were younger I had reservations about them collecting candy from strangers. Guess I’m a bit paranoid.

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
I’ll be at work this year. First Halloween night shift in many years. I only ever got 2 groups of kids twice each time. They got a lot of candy!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Just about everything has been postponed by Covid 19 and preparing for hurricanes here in South Louisiana. We’re way out in the country and have never had a trick or treater come to our door. We always have a few treats around on Halloween just in case, but end up eating them all before Thanksgiving...
god bless you. I feel for you, sincerely. the gulf has been hammered this year. I hope all is well.

I am going to a small party w/ friends this year. My gal's kids are supposed to be going out w/ baby daddy. she and I both know this is probably another last minute cancel / excuse. so we may have them.

I am a relatively new homeowner, last year I worked Halloween. I think next year if I am off duty I will actually get candy for the little ones. I live on a good street, with plenty of kids. I think it will be fun.

I can tell you what I am NOT doing this year, and that is working Halloween. This is through no planning of my own it is just my scheduled weekend off. But it is also 1. a saturday, 2. halloween, 3. a full moon, 4. the night the clocks roll back (hello unpaid now 13hr shift) and 5. NUMEROUS parties planned at all of our... ehm... "clubs." yeah I feel for that shift, but GLAD I ain't working!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Took the kid trick or treating. Neighborhood is mostly older residents/retirees so not never has been a whole lot of people participating. Was about 50/50 people putting out a bucket of candy and people sitting on their porch with the candy on a table nearby. A few people handing it out.

Think there were more people out with their kids than there was last year. Before COVID a lot of people were too paranoid about someone tampering with the candy to let their kids go trick or treating. Guess everyone's bored this year.

Know a few people having parties this weekend but I'll be working.

·
Why so serious?
64,730 Posts
Would it be wrong to drive around and hurl candy at costumed trick or treaters?

Asking for a fiend...

Reactions: Joshhtn and elkhart

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
We haven't any Trick-or-Treaters since we moved upriver after Katrina.
Pretty sure there won't be any this year.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY
Do not give kids candy.

Reactions: treg

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
How do you play that game?

Me being nosy again it's what I do.
I did not participate myself but the general gist of it was to design a "mini golf hole" at your house. Drinking had something to do with scoring the hole. Though, like most drinking games, everybody was drinking anyway. Play a hole, move to the next house. Sort of a neighborhood mixer.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Reactions: mike from st pe

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
No one is willing to climb this long winding driveway from the highway to our house for a candy bar. I have never had anyone knock on our door at Halloween.
House Close.jpg

Reactions: Lonestar 48

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
We’re handing out candy this year. I’m thinking of wearing a costume.

Hazmat suit and full face respirator ought to generate some laughs.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm pretty sure this will be my 22nd year of living here with no trick or treaters.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
What I hand out isn't the issue. Wear a mask? Don't wear a mask? Wear a mask but wear a halloween mask?

Or simply leave a bucket of candy by the door?

Wear a mask and answer the door? But with things the way they are, wear a gun this year? Which one? The Sig 226 9mm? Or maybe I should carry a full auto?

It ain't the treats that are the issue. It's like an episode of Walking Dead and you don't know what kind of freaks to expect. The teenaged kid dressed up like a zombie might not be asking for candy. He might be overdosing on crack.

What if BLM shows up and says halloween is wasist? What then?

Too much drama. I don't need it. This year I'm gonna pass.
LOL, hell, why stop there? Just quit living, man. No use going on if you live in a damned bubble.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts