GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I have passed out candy every year for two decades. Not sure if I will this weekend.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
I'm not even sure it is allowed in my town this year.

·
Problem Solved!
2,659 Posts
I have done it in years. None of the neighborhood kids will walk down the side streets only the main road in the neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Halloween is officially forbidden by my little town. The door-to-door mini-golf drinking game last month was acceptable though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I told the people on my hoods FB page that i was going to hand out cartons of eggs for the kids to use on the houses that arent participating due to Covid. We hardly get any kids on normal years. Expect it to be less this year.

·
****** Viejo
28,765 Posts
This year we bought plastic Halloween buckets and put candy and small toys in them for our grand-kids. We've seen constant decreases in the numbers of kids trick or treating over the years. So as a result of this and the kung flu we're not participating this year. tom.

·
Registered
822 Posts
We have candy bought. Don't expect a big crowd, but want to have something for those that are willing to show up. They increased restrictions in our area and trying to discourage the Halloween. Yet, if the cops show up, I will give them candy to.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Several large churches in our area are joining together to do a drive through Trunk or Treat. We'll be handing out candy Friday night.. Not sure what the family will want to do Saturday night. I'm voting staying home, since it's a 2020 full moon Halloween Saturday night:)

·
3,009 Posts
We will be sitting outside to give out candy, but will have little "grab and go" ziplock baggies made up in a basket so the kids can grab and go...

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
We have some great nieces coming to trick or treat our house. We will leave the lights on and put a bucket of candy with a note out for any others that may show and go by the honor system. We rarely get more than a dozen or so anyway.
When the bucket is empty, the lights will be turned off.

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,730 Posts
We've done Halloween every year we've lived here, 30 so far. Some years more kids, some fewer. We have also given out full sized candy bars instead of the cheap, little penny candies.

I love the look on some children's faces when they see those big candy bars.

Sure it can be a PITA going to the door once every minute, but I remember the fun I had when our gang roamed the neighborhood. Too, I don't buy into the pagan ideals/bull**** some people link to it. I see it as a fun time for kids and not much more.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You could hand out broccoli and asparagus instead of candy.
What I hand out isn't the issue. Wear a mask? Don't wear a mask? Wear a mask but wear a halloween mask?

Or simply leave a bucket of candy by the door?

Wear a mask and answer the door? But with things the way they are, wear a gun this year? Which one? The Sig 226 9mm? Or maybe I should carry a full auto?

It ain't the treats that are the issue. It's like an episode of Walking Dead and you don't know what kind of freaks to expect. The teenaged kid dressed up like a zombie might not be asking for candy. He might be overdosing on crack.

What if BLM shows up and says halloween is wasist? What then?

Too much drama. I don't need it. This year I'm gonna pass.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts