Glock Talk banner

Not Exactly Reloading Related, but Close Enough I Think

593 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  willie_pete
I bought a brick ( or so I thought ) of .22 Federal American Eagle for my new Volquartsen Scorpion. Went to load five magazines and ran out of rounds after 4 mags. I was using a loader where you add a box of .22's. Drove me crazy for a while about where 10 rounds of ammo were hiding. Finally looked at the box and it says 40 rounds ( it did look smaller once I started contemplating it ). . Have I been living in a cave somewhere? When did they start using the candy bar trick?

wp
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, a 400 round brick (10 packs of 40).

I noticed this about 1 1/2 years ago the first time I bought a brick of American Eagle .22 ammo

OK, I have been living in a cave then. I went into the shortage set pretty good and haven't had to buy any for a year or so. I bought a new .22 and wanted to try different ammo to see what it liked best. That old saying is true: Buyer Beware.

Thanks for the info.

wp

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have been like that for probably 25 years.

Weren't there 500 round bricks or are you talking about only AE?

wp

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CCI is the brand you want.
They are good, but I try a dozen or so to see what the gun likes best. Sometimes it will surprise you and a particular gun will shoot some of the cheaper stuff better. This is going to be my new Steel Challenge rimfire gun.

wp

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Yup only the AE was 40 to a box, and 400 to a brick. A couple, actually many years ago, a hardware store chain had a "Back to the 50's" sale and was selling the American Eagles for $0.40 a box. I only bought 2 cases (8000 rounds) for a cost of $80.00. If I had only known what was going to happen with 22 ammo.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup only the AE was 40 to a box, and 400 to a brick. A couple, actually many years ago, a hardware store chain had a "Back to the 50's" sale and was selling the American Eagles for $0.40 a box. I only bought 2 cases (8000 rounds) for a cost of $80.00. If I had only known what was going to happen with 22 ammo.

Thanks, I never knew that about AE. Most of the time I would buy Bulk Dynapoint at K-Mart. It turned out to shoot surprising well , both accurate and reliable, in most of my .22's. For precision work, it was always Lapua and I bought many 500 round bricks of that over the years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.