close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not able to access my previous threads?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Laramie In MT, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I started a thread about law school a while back and now I wanted to go back and re read all the responses but after I search and find the thread, it says I don't have access even though I'm logged in under my username. Any help? Thanks TY

2. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

3. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Hi C, thanks for looking. Actually the thread was from over summer but had law school in the subject topic.

I partly posted this not only b/c I wanted to see this thread but also because I like to go back to my previous threads just to reread, especially ones where I had a specific question or needed advice. I know I have been able to access them in the past. I was just wondering if this was a new part of the site or if I was just doing something wrong. Thanks, Ty

4. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

It was one you started, right?

I tried to find another thread besides the one I linked to and was unable to find one. I'm sorry, I wish I could help.

Do you know if the thread had been locked or anything?

5. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

if it's really old, it might have been pruned? Just guessing.

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

That is what I would suspect.

In the future, to make sure you can get back to a thread save the page. File -> Save Page As -> then create a folder for it because there will be a lot of junky files such as images from all the avatars and buttons on the screen.

I frequently save pages from a photography forum for the critique and tips. I think this particular forum purge threads after about three months so I learned to save pages really fast there! :shocked:

7. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

I don't think it was pruned. The thread was started over the summer and I am able to access other threads from before that time. Maybe the thread was moved to the administration area because of some offending remarks.

Blueeyeddevil, this link http://glocktalk.com/search.php?s=&...archid=243211&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=2 will show all the threads you've posted in that haven't been pruned. See if you can find it this way.