Glock Talk banner

Not a ugly "black gun"

1441 16
My wife is always on my case about "ugly black guns" following me home. This time she couldn't say that. She even said it was "kinda pretty". I think it is beautiful.
Product Room Textile Linens Home accessories
Reactions: mc1911
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Am Yisrael Chai
34,849 Posts
Wait till you bring home a punt gun.... :whistling:

Standing Monochrome Style Monochrome photography Black-and-white

· Registered
173 Posts
Hi Capt. Either your wife really likes the look of your gun or she recently made a capital purchase that she hasn't told you about yet. We women know when to start flowing with the compliments :supergrin:

· NRA Life Member
75,531 Posts
Hi Capt. Either your wife really likes the look of your gun or she recently made a capital purchase that she hasn't told you about yet. We women know when to start flowing with the compliments :supergrin:
Never had that problem. I went to Louisville last week and asked my wife if she wanted me to bring her back anything. She said, "mega pack of UMC 9mm."

· RIP Stan Lee.. . .
19,716 Posts
My wife is always on my case about "ugly black guns" following me home. This time she couldn't say that. She even said it was "kinda pretty". I think it is beautiful.
Nothing a little black paint couldn't cure. . .

You know those lever guns were the "assault rifles" of the late 1800's. . .

· Registered
95 Posts
I literally just bought myself the same gun yesterday! I love the looks as well. It feeds all the crappy 36gr hp remington golden bullets that my ruger hates without any issue, so that makes me happy. I'll try to feed it some better ammo once I get through this bucket, though.

I also tried some 22 short, it holds a ridiculous amount of that stuff.

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It feeds all the crappy 36gr hp remington golden bullets that my ruger hates without any issue, so that makes me happy.
That's odd because that is what my Buckmark likes the best and is the most accurate stuff I have shot so far in my Goldenboy but it accurate with everything so far.

· Registered
95 Posts
That's odd because that is what my Buckmark likes the best and is the most accurate stuff I have shot so far in my Goldenboy but it accurate with everything so far.
Right? My golden boy has no issues with it either. However, the bullet is slightly loose in the casing (can wobble it easily with my finger), and in my ruger it tends to end up jamming into the feed ramp if the round doesn't end up angled up correctly. It's not been a problem with any of the 40gr roundnose I've fed it. I'm hoping maybe it's just break-in since they're both pretty new guns. I might try it again after a few thousand rounds. Also I've noticed that it's not nearly as much of a problem if I load up the last half of the magazine with it, and the first half with roundnose. It seems the angle of the cartridge is slightly steeper when there's less rounds in it so it tends to never happen on the last 3-4 rounds in there.

The henry seems to eat most anything, I did have one issue with it not feeding the last round of some cci 22short, but hopefully that was just a fluke, we'll see. It's hard to find good bulk deals on 22short anyway so I'm not too concerned.

· Registered
16,885 Posts
I literally just bought myself the same gun yesterday! I love the looks as well. It feeds all the crappy 36gr hp remington golden bullets that my ruger hates without any issue, so that makes me happy. I'll try to feed it some better ammo once I get through this bucket, though.
I hear this often enough I have to believe it is true, but use GB in everything I own, especially my Rugers and Buckmark, and it is as good as anything else for me and my stuff.

· Registered
95 Posts
I hear this often enough I have to believe it is true, but use GB in everything I own, especially my Rugers and Buckmark, and it is as good as anything else for me and my stuff.
I honestly hope that it's just break-in on the ruger, but we'll see. I might try some more through it after a while. Though, I haven't even seen much of the rem GB for sale lately, so I've managed to stock up on the good stuff that it likes, and I've been using the GB exclusively through my...GB (henry goldenboy). lol. It's like they were made for eachother!

· Registered
6,140 Posts
That's a great find my friend. Enjoy :supergrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.