GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Trump supporters are not little *****es. They will survive and wont need to sue anyone.

They would all do it over again

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
People who live in Nebraska should know what weather conditions could develop and wear appropriate clothing and gear.

It is called individual personal responsibility and planning.

Maybe they were Californian refugees.
If Trump rally attendees can't be counted on to be responsible and plan for cold weather, what does that say about Trump rally attendees?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Some of you people are literally insane.

No matter how you want to spin this, someone screwed up, royally. EVen if it was in the high thirties, you don't make people walk for miles in those temperatures. That's stupid. Stupid as hell.

Trump should be firing some people over this, today.
Who forced anyone to be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't know how you do business George but if I bus people several miles, in the cold, to an event site, I would feel obligated to return them to the point I picked them up at after the event.

So to answer your question, whoever took these people to the event site, and then didn't ensure their safe return to the point that they were picked up at originally, is who. If the campaign didn't want to pay the carrier for the return trips, then the campaign worker who made that decision, along with the carrier, are the ones that MADE these people walk for miles in freezing temperatures.

This isn't rocket science. The fact that you would even ask such a question is pretty asinine.

Look, I like Trump just as much as anyone else here, but when you people obfuscate like this, it makes you look bad.

The campaign ****ed up. Own it, and then fix it. It's not a hard concept to understand. It's called adulting.
When he runs again in 2025, he can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
upload_2020-10-28_18-23-34.jpeg

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
The buses never came - folks had to walk three miles in freezing weather.

All this after standing in line for two hours to get in and six hours at the rally

How would you like to be that kid?

303A4D28-6F70-47D9-BD96-B03A6C60036D.jpeg

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
As noted above, buses were available both ways. Temperature was in the mid-thirties initially; it dropped slowly as the night went on, to around 30F by midnight.
When did you get to the rally? Did you park in the lot or at the park and ride?

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
When did you get to the rally? Did you park in the lot or at the park and ride?
My buddy took the park and ride. Others parked in the lot. The ones that parked in the lot actually made out better than the park and riders but the traffic jam bottle necked so everyone was sitting in traffic.

·
Unmasked
4,351 Posts
Reactions: larry_minn

·
Unmasked
4,351 Posts
It's pathetic. These are the same people who would blame spectators at a stadium for blocked fire exits during a fire because management left a bunch of crap in the way and the doors were locked. "Hey, nobody forced them to go there!" Give me a break.
That's quite a stretch there. Don't strain yourself.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I did find this article. It's DailyMail.UK which is yugely anti-Trump. That said, there are some good nuggets of information if you read closely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ft-cold-presidents-air-strip-rally-Omaha.html

First, the crowd size was 2 if not 3 times bigger than they expected. They had detailed double the typical numbers of buses (40 vs the usual 20). More importantly, it seems the route between "on site" parking and remote parking was serviced mostly by one road. The buses had difficulty making the trips because the personal cars of those early enough to park in the originally designated place blocked traffic. Trump sized traffic jam.

I'm willing to cut a bit more slack to the "handlers" of this rally than I did at first.

·
Unmasked
4,351 Posts
Omaha police say there were 30 people contacted for medical reasons and a total of seven people transported to area hospitals with a "variety of medical conditions." Of those transported, six people were in serious condition. It is not clear what specifically they were transported for.

https://www.ketv.com/article/thousa...-to-leave-site-of-omaha-trump-rally/34506267#

Sounds like they were not prepared. Walking 2.5 miles in 10 degree weather can be brutal, if you do not have the right gear and not in decent shape. Hope they are okay!!
Oh look! It's Mr. TDS.

Reactions: OttoLoader
41 - 60 of 104 Posts