GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
My friend was there and his feet froze. He walks 6-7 miles a day but not in 10 weather. Imagine the out of shape folks and little kids that were dragged out there by their parents. My friend took a picture of one kid that was under extreme duress.

Today they had a car parade. In other news folks have been uncomfortable at one time or another in their lives.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,012 Posts

·
Come on man!!
14,366 Posts
Trump is still going to win a second term. :cold:
I sure hope so.

I can still say someone in the management team for this event ****ed up.

Reactions: Joshhtn and B C

·
emeritus
3,059 Posts
I don't know how you do business George but if I bus people several miles, in the cold, to an event site, I would feel obligated to return them to the point I picked them up at after the event.

So to answer your question, whoever took these people to the event site, and then didn't ensure their safe return to the point that they were picked up at originally, is who. If the campaign didn't want to pay the carrier for the return trips, then the campaign worker who made that decision, along with the carrier, are the ones that MADE these people walk for miles in freezing temperatures.

This isn't rocket science. The fact that you would even ask such a question is pretty asinine.

Look, I like Trump just as much as anyone else here, but when you people obfuscate like this, it makes you look bad.

The campaign ****ed up. Own it, and then fix it. It's not a hard concept to understand. It's called adulting.
Take your feelings out of it. Whittle it down. Nobody made anyone do anything. PERIOD. There are always options. It's called owning it.

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Not sure what happened. I would say if you bus people in, you gotta bus ‘em back.

At the same time, you go out in winter weather, you’d better be prepared for it. No problem spending all day outside if it’s 30 or 10 degrees, if you are fit, and prepared.

Probably mistakes made all around. Those who botched it, be it Trump’s people, bus people (if a factor) or attendees, should own it.

·
Wolverine
8,829 Posts
Don’t know the details and sorry to hear of the cold induced illness/injuries. Are the aggrieved complaining or blaming Trump?

·
Come on man!!
14,366 Posts
Take your feelings out of it. Whittle it down. Nobody made anyone do anything. PERIOD. There are always options. It's called owning it.
No, George, it's called being abandoned.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
There WERE buses for transport to parking. Forty buses for 20,000+ folks takes time. Some opted to walk. The last people to load up waited about three hours. That sucks, but it’s hardly the chaos, danger, and screwups alluded to in this thread. The weather wasn’t that cold, and I can assure you Nebraskans are plenty tough enough to handle winter.

·
Wolverine
8,829 Posts
There WERE buses for transport to parking. Forty buses for 20,000+ folks takes time. Some opted to walk. The last people to load up waited about three hours. That sucks, but it’s hardly the chaos, danger, and screwups alluded to in this thread. The weather wasn’t that cold, and I can assure you Nebraskans are plenty tough enough to handle winter.
Sounds like another “Orange Man Bad” story.

·
Super Moderator
54,597 Posts
My friend was there and his feet froze.
Sorry to hear that, but a question, "How frozen were they? Was he one of those who walked to their vehicles? What efforts were required by first responders to treat the frostbite?

He walks 6-7 miles a day but not in 10 weather.
So he is familiar with caring for his feet. Why did he let himself get in that predicament?

My friend took a picture of one kid that was under extreme duress.
Duress?

Reactions: xTerpx

·
emeritus
3,059 Posts
No, George, it's called being abandoned.
I know. It's always someone else's fault. I'll remember that the next time I can't find my car in the lot of the local Piggly Wiggly, wandering around aimlessly in the snow wearing shorts and flip flops. I"ll demand the manager's head on a spike, that is if I can find my way back to the front door.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,012 Posts
I know. It's always someone else's fault. I'll remember that the next time I can't find my car in the lot of the local Piggly Wiggly, wandering around aimlessly in the snow wearing shorts and flip flops. I"ll demand the manager's head on a spike, that is if I can find my way back to the front door.
Maybe the manager will offer you a drink.... or the whole bottle?

Reactions: OttoLoader

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
So was it 10 degrees? 30 degrees? Just asking. If people had enough warm clothes on the stand in the cold for an hour and a half, you’d think they’d have no problem not freezing to death while walking. In any case, the campaign effed this one up and there’s no defense for the blunder. Stupid.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts