close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norton Internet Security

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by bigdawg916, Feb 27, 2005.

1. bigdawg916

bigdawg916

Am I the only one using NIS? When I put ad blocking on Glock Talk takes a hike. All I get is the Main page with nothing on it. If anyone has a fix except to turn ad blocking off I would sure appreciate it. Thanks
    ;g

2. Tvov

Tvov

The ads on GT don't affect my comp much at all that I can tell. One VERY nice thing with GT is NO POPUPs!! (Thank You Eric!)

Remember, the ads help pay for the site.

3. bigdawg916

bigdawg916

The lack of popups on GT is truly a great thing about the Board however with the IPS I use there is an ad almost every click of the mouse button. I don't stay on GT all the time. I would think that Eric could do something as his is the only area affected.:soap:

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

bigdawg916, I am not sure what you are talking about. There is one big banner on the main page and one large and one smaller banner ad on each of the other pages. The file sizes are kept small and I have placed them as unobtrusively as possible. As has been pointed out, the ads pay for the site. Eric

5. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

I wouldn't be suprised if you're using Internet Exploder.... and if so, you probably have some sort of adware running in the background that you aren't familiar with. Download and install Mozilla Firefox, then Download and install Spybot S&D (google it), restart your computer into safe mode (push F8 as your computer is starting up and you will get a menu asking how you want to start), run Spybot, clean up any and all garbage it picks up, run a virus scan, clean up any garbage it finds, then restart your computer and enjoy your internet surfing with firefox. :)

6. Tvov

Tvov

So...Are these "popups"? I don't really understand what you mean. I use WinXP with Internet Explorer, and have no problems. Along with what SlammedDime said, also try AdAware (it works great for me).

Also, try posting this in Tech Talk. It really sounds like something is going on with your computer, not necessarily with Glock Talk.

7. brianb131

brianb131

I use the full Internet security including ad block and have no problems. Try making Glocktalk a trusted site in ie by going to tools, internet options, security, trusted sites. :)