close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norton AntiVirus Security Alert Popup

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by allhowl, Feb 8, 2006.

1. allhowl

allhowl

Every 5 or 10 minutes this pops up.
    Norton AntiVirus

Security Alert
    Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected a remote system that is attempting to access your computer.

If you started a program that requites internet access such as online gaming, file sharing or instant messaging then select permit to allow the program to continue.

So I make my choice which is always block and then 10 minutes later it pops up again. How can I turn the auto notifier off?

2. pyblood

pyblood

There should be an option to turn this "feature" off. Open up Norton and click on the option tab. Poke around there and see if you can't find a box to uncheck. BTW Which version of Norton are you using?

3. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

If you are asking about the Norton Protection Center that's part of their 2006 products it can be disabled ... Start - Run - Type " services.msc " (w/o quotes) press Enter; now scroll down to Norton Protection Center Service and Disable it.

4. allhowl

allhowl

Have the 2005 Norton system. Tried to turn off the automatic & restarted, no change. Don't have the 06 Norton yet. Thanks for the suggestions though.

5. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

Can you post a screen capture of the pop up ... it may help us figure it out.

6. allhowl

allhowl

Tried to copy anything in it and it won't. The only options are Move & close with close not highlighted. So I can only choose to allow or block the site trying to access my PC.

Any other ideas?

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Use alt+Print Scrn to take a screenshot of the desktop, then paste it to an image manipulation program like paint or photoshop and crop out the message.

On another note, what software do you have running and when's the last time you ran a check for viruses/worms with updated definitions?

8. allhowl

allhowl

Tried the alt-Print screeen and it wouldn't do anything. I run the Norton 05 antivirus check weekly.

9. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

If you uninstall the terrible Norton Virus this will cease.

BTW, you need to ALT-PrntScrn and Paste into Paint or other photo editor. Then Save it, post it on imageshack and link to it.