close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Northwest Florida Ballistic Challange VI

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DEJ/FL, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

It's that time again! We are looking for a great weekend for the GSSF match in Pensacola (Cantonment) FL!
    I hope all our GT/GSSF friends can made this match. This match is getting better every year and I hope some of you can make it!:supergrin:

Weather forecast should be perfect for a shooting event!

Looking forward to seeing eveyone!

Dan:cool:

2. SARDG

SARDG

I'll be there. Shooting 3 divisions.

Been communicating with AJ - I wasn't ROing, then an RO cancellation, now ROing on Sat.

Planned to swing by the range on Friday afternoon if I get in the area early enough, then 0800 on Saturday.

Anyone attending, look me up and introduce yourself. My description hasn't changed for years... tall, brown hair, pony tail, RO shirt, possible cart closeby with SARDG Florida, Coast Guard personalized license plate, driving white Ford pickup with topper, 2-3 antennas, and another CG plate.

Kitty

3. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

yep, you can't miss her. :supergrin:

4. SARDG

SARDG

:upeyes: ...some folks can. :whistling:

5. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

lol....ur right.

6. BigDog40

BigDog40

I am trying to talk myself in shooting this event. This would be my first ever competition. Shooting strictly AM with my Glock 23. Wanting to confirm that I can sign up for GSSF and shoot the same day. Can I show up Sat and watch, then come back Sun and shoot? I know they say you can compete without a holster, but can you really run the stages working out of a range bag?
    I really want to show up, hell I am only 20 minutes from the range...but I just have a thing about walking in cold and trying to do something new.

7. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

You can sign up and shoot the same day. You can also watch Sat and shoot Sun, or shoot both days. You don't need a holster....I shoot 2 categories with 2 different pistols, so I always have them in my range bag. You will only know what it is like until you go and shoot. Go for it...if you like shooting, you'll love GSSF. Just be warned...it is extremely addictive!!!

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

NWFBC Match Director

9. BigDog40

BigDog40

Thanks guys for the encouragements!
    Would I shoot the same division both days? How does that work, which score gets posted? How many magazines would I need, and they only need to be loaded to 10 correct?

10. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

There are 3 stages/courses of fire: 5 to Glock, Glock M, and Glock Plates. You can shoot 1, 2 or all 3 on whatever day you choose, so long as you finish by end of Sunday. For your score, your times are added to your penalty time for your score total.

If you choose, you can shoot multiple entries with the same or different pistols. Go to the website to see what qualifies for specific categories.

There are 4 strings of 10 (or 11) rounds for the Plates, so I recommend a minimum of 4 mags. The other courses need only 3.

11. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker

I registered for 3 divisions, now looking for a cheap hotel...

12. SARDG

SARDG

BigDog- You have a few days so check out the rules in The Glock Report:
    http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/2011_The_GLOCK_Report.pdf

This will give you a background and it will all become more clear when you get to the match venue.

Also, read the Sticky: "More GSSF Tips 2003"

You can search within this GSSF forum to answer some of your questions - but truthfully, different shooters do different things still within the rules. i.e.: loading mags to 10 or to 11 - often discussed, never agreed upon.

Observe a bit at the match, ask some questions, tell the RO at the line that you are a new shooter and they'll help you. Lotsa nice folks to help you out at the matches.

I'll be ROing on Saturday; look me up if you choose.

Kitty

EDIT: PS: You must have 11 rounds in the gun when the buzzer sounds for Plates and "M" or you're shoooting yourself in the foot - so to speak...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  13. SARDG

SARDG

Red Roof Inn and Howard Johnsons are cheap, though some of the reviews aren't great. Better reviews, higher prices...

14. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

You can only shoot any one category once, but you can shoot multiply
    categories. You mention you will shoot a G23, you can shoot that model in AmCiv, Competition, Master Stock and Unlimited. You can shoot any/all categories the same day or divide them up between Saturday and Sunday.

Preliminary scores will be posted a few days after the match on the GSSF web sight. Your scores will only be counted in whichever categories you enter.

You can get by with 4 mags as two of the three courses of fire are only shot three strings, the other, Glock the Plates is shot four strings.

The max you can have in the gun is 11 rounds on any of the three courses of fire.

Just something to think about, the more categories you enter, the better chance you will have in winning a prize in the random drawing done when the final scores are posted about a month after the match. Random prizes are certificate for a Glock pistol, $50 cash or 2 year membership to GSSF. There maybe additional random prizes which is based on the total number of entries
    of the match!

15. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Yes, I was trying to avoid this topic....again!!!

16. BigDog40

BigDog40

Thanks for the info. I have looked over the website and tried to read up so I would have an idea of what is going on. At this point, I'm sure I am suffering some overload. Worse than cramming for that last final.

17. BigDog40

BigDog40

Thank you ma'am. I have been looking over the Glock report for a few days, I did find that one. Appreciate the help...I am really looking forward to the event.

18. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

If you can only shoot on Sunday can you still enter, or do you have to be there both days?

19. SARDG

SARDG

You only need to be there one day. Begins at 0900, goes until shooters are finished - let's say 2 or 3 pm on Sunday. Sunday historically has roughly 1/3 of the total shooters - far less busy.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  20. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

Thanks for the quick response!