Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some slide wear on my Gen 5 Glock 19 from either the trigger connector, or the fin on the trigger bar whenever I field strip the gun (the side of the trigger fin rubs against it but I rarely field strip it). I have 1000 rounds put through it. Just wondering if it was normal.
Hand Razor Guitar accessory Finger Tool

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
You put a thousand rounds through it and are wondering why it has worn? You are well past any break in period at a thousand rounds.

·
MacGyver
8,230 Posts
That is finish wear, not slide wear. Occurs where there is contact between 2 moving surfaces. At 1-1000 rounds, any marks, inside or outside, are possible. Look at it at 50K rounds and see if it has progressed into the material of the slide.
And your nails are dirty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is finish wear, not slide wear. Occurs where there is contact between 2 moving surfaces. At 1-1000 rounds, any marks, inside or outside, are possible. Look at it at 50K rounds and see if it has progressed into the material of the slide.
Sorry, I didn’t get my manicure this week.

·
Native Mainiac
27,685 Posts
Don't fink him out to @Hannie Caulder ....she'll never let him forget it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts