Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mga pare ask ko lang sana kung wala ba akong magiging problema kung magpapa-checker/b0mar-cut ako sa aking planong kunin na Norinco? im hearing stories na inaayawan daw ng mga gunsmiths ang norcs? please share naman your ideas....thanks.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
This could be a pain in the butt if their checkering file is dull. The metal on Norinco pistols are quite hard to checker. My gunsmith even jokingly told me that he will soak his hands in warm water after he checkers my gun.

Drill bits would do the work on Norinco slides. Just make sure the gunsmith uses tapping fluid when he mills the slide. Not using tapping fluid when milling the slide could heat it to a point where the integrity of the metal could be compromised. :)

·
Shock Resist
4,807 Posts
Sabihin mo na babayaran mo na lang yung file or bit kung masira, just make sure na hindi nila paiinitan yung slide or frame. Other gunsmiths i've heard heats the slide or frame to soften it up a bit para easier for them to drill or file.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was there watching when the gunsmith milled and installed a Bomar rear sight on my Norinco slide. No problem naman (no heating or other procedures were done). But the gunsmith did mentioned that the Norinco steel is harder than the other 1911s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts