Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived today. Usually a mailman will ask for a signature or leave the notification to pick it up at the Post Office...but due to COVID thing...they just drop the packages at the door or the community mailbox. This one was left at the door (how stupid is that?)...anyway. It's here.

Interestingly enough despite late 80's early 90's production...it was imported into Canada in 2008 (judging by the import markings). There are no Norinco markings anywhere on the pistol. "Model 213 9x19mm" and serial # only. Safety will be removed as it makes the operation much more difficult. Safety stop screws are just waiting to unscrew themselves with one done halfway already. 213 is a rattler comparing to my model 54. Front sight is shorter than the one on 7.62x25 version, slide serrations are angled and VERY grippy & sharp. Trigger is still pretty heavy but breaks clean. Magazine drops with authority. Ejection port is smaller than the one on the military pistol and there is a spacer inside mag well (to work with the so called narrow magazines) that can be removed to allow the use of the magazines with the spacer inside them (the so called wide magazines). Pistol is practically brand new with one magazine thru and the bore shows new (not sure yet if it is chrome lined or not). Blueing isn't anything to brag about. Came with the box, two magazines and cleaning rod. As soon as the range will re-open this thing will be put to work. Now it's time for cleaning and the safety removal. Not too bad for $150 US. It sure feels in hand like these old, steel workhorses that were not suppose to be pretty. More to come soon. Cheers!

M54 on the left and M213 on the right

M213 on the left and M54 on the right

M54 on the top and M213 on the bottom

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: lazarus66

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good pistol. I bought a 213 many years NIB at a local gun show back when Norinco 213s & SKSs were starting to show. Not super accurate but never jammed with fmj. Safety did fall out which seemed to be common.
Today I only have a Zastava M88a, ergos are a bit better but I miss the classic look of the 213. You did well.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I bought one about 10 years ago. I think it was a 213, but can’t remember the model. l loaned it to my father - he still has it. It is a Chinese (Norinco?) with the wrap around plastic grips. It came with both 7.62 Tok and 9mm barrels, and 2 mags. Think I paid about $200. One of the nicer Toks I’ve owned. Ran great, in either caliber with the same mags.

·
finishes it...
4,059 Posts
looks like all kinds of fun; especially at that price.

Reactions: Nestor

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I dig the M54.
M54 is of better quality. Smoother machining, nicer blueing, better fitted parts and chrome lined barrel. I don't think that M213 has chrome lined barrel...but to my great surprise...after taking it apart, removing the safety, flushing the internals with the brake cleaner and oiling it...it has MUCH nicer trigger pull than M54. It actually comes pretty close to 1911.

Reactions: G19Tony

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good pistol. I bought a 213 many years NIB at a local gun show back when Norinco 213s & SKSs were starting to show. Not super accurate but never jammed with fmj. Safety did fall out which seemed to be common.
Today I only have a Zastava M88a, ergos are a bit better but I miss the classic look of the 213. You did well.
I was afraid to use the safety to be honest, because it would be super easy to cut my thumb on the safety stop screw. Than it also works weird. Forward safe, backward fire...

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought one about 10 years ago. I think it was a 213, but can’t remember the model. l loaned it to my father - he still has it. It is a Chinese (Norinco?) with the wrap around plastic grips. It came with both 7.62 Tok and 9mm barrels, and 2 mags. Think I paid about $200. One of the nicer Toks I’ve owned. Ran great, in either caliber with the same mags.
I hope that mine will run as well as yours did. If it will perform well indeed...I'm going to order a set of Marschall grips to cover the sides where the safety was. Plus it may improve the ergonomics slightly.

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very cool :cool:

I just sold mine a few months back.
Thanks Bac. Nice of You :) That's the cheapest handgun I ever owned, but it's just a fun gun anyway...

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, here you can see the large steel shavings that came out of the action after I flushed it with the brake cleaner. This is actually the second flushing...first was a total mess. Typical of Norinco. They don't care too much after machining to clean the parts...nor to oil them really. Good thing is that it immediately improved the action and trigger pull. It's very smooth now and the trigger came close to a decent 1911. Close...

Here it is with the safety removed. Electrical tape will cover the holes for now, but I'll probably order a set of Marschall grips to make it nicer...assuming it will run well. Time will tell. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Just something about old Mill Surplus guns and even some commercial variants of them. They just have a different feel of history to them.

Nestor was it you that had a commercial Australian Enfield in 308? I remember one of our northern neighbors posting one a while back. Made me jealous as hell we can’t get them in the states.

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah...that was me. Later I've found that the rifle was partially made in Vietnam...and the quality of parts wasn't all that impressive...but it was quite a beautiful rifle with no manufacturer's support. I still have one Enfield No1 Mk3...sporter and planning to restore another one back into full military configuration. Just need to find the right candidate :) I agree. Love the older guns!

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you check Numrich?

·
Registered
107 Posts
On mine the grip angle was wrong. I had to replace the grips with Tokagypt wrap arounds. It has the chrome lined bbl. And It feeds anything. I paid $132.00US for it about 20 years ago. A keeper for sure.

Numrich is shutdown due to Wuflu right now. You can order and they will fill once the JBT's let them reopen.

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If we are talking the grip...213 has a slightly better shape than M54. It's actually visible at this picture:

There is a bit of the palm swell added while M54 is straight at the back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I need the palm swell. Same as the 1911 vs 1911-A1. The flat mainspring housing has me pointing in the dirt. With the arched mainspring housing the 1911 went to a natural pointer. Same with the Tokagypt grips in the 213.

Another thing about the 213 is it rides flat in the pea coat pocket.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts