close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norco 2006 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Apr 29, 2006.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.

2. Spyrish

Spyrish

Well, it was my first time shooting the GSSF event. I had fun! I ended up shooting my G23 and G27. I ended up joining the local club that hosted the event because it was a lot closer than my other range.

I look foward to doing more of the shoot's and see if my score gets better over time.

On a first time event for me, I did get nailed by a fragment of bullet while waiting for the warmup/fun shoot sponsered by the local club. Nothing big, it's just never happened to me before.

3. rkdrsx

rkdrsx NRA Member

It was my first match also, and like wise it was a great day. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I am already looking forward to next year.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Congrats to the both of you on shooting your first GSSF match. GSSF is a unique sport in that you can accurately measure your improvement and have fun at the same time. Next time, bring a friend and help GSSF grow.

5. elsolo

elsolo

I just got back from the range, a full 12 hours out there today RO'ing the GSSF match, then shooting the concurrant steel match, then teardown and brassing.

I hope some of the GSSF shooters come out for the steel match next Sunday, it's a lot more interesting and tricky than GSSF, and more fun too IMHO.

6. madmamabear

madmamabear

I shot GSSF at Norco last weekend and at Piru last November. Both matches were well-run and a lot of fun. I would recommend anyone to attend. Last November, I shot GSSF as a new shooter, and scored just under 300. Last weekend, I got my score under 200. It's really fun to watch your scores come down!

7. Benelli Boy

Benelli Boy

Had a great time at Norco. Very well organized. Wait times were minimal and RO's were great. I brought 1 new shooter to Piru in Nov. and brought 2 new shoots to Norco. Everybody had a great time, we'll be doing it again next year.

8. Mr Twisted

Mr Twisted

The SSA and the SSAGC had a very good time hosting this event for the 7 th time. So many new faces, many of which, were shooting in their very first match.... We at the SSA wish to thank and invite all those who shot the fun/warm up stage too take on a full 6 stages of the warm up match this next weekend
    May 7th. Bring about 200 rds ,a holster and as many mags you can find. More info go to www.ssashooter.com

Ron Jung
    Ceo/founder
    Shooting Sports Alliance

9. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

It was also my first time at GSSF and me and my bud had a great time. I really enjoyed the warm up plates and am looking forward to the Steel Match.

HR

p.s. how do I add up the scores on my yellow copies?

10. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

"A"s, "B"s, and every steel target successfully hit adds no time to your score. Good shooting, but to determine your score you can ignore them.

Add your times. For every "C" hit, add 1 second. For every "D" hit, add 3 seconds. Add 10 seconds for every "Miss".

Add the aggregate scores from each stage for your overall aggregate score.

The Norco preliminary scores are up on GSSF's website, "gssfonline.com".

Go there and verify that your score matches theirs. If it does not, double check yours for errors.

If it still does not match, contact GSSF and have them review theirs.

:angel: