close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norco 2004 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Apr 3, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.:cool:

2. TFAT Glockster

TFAT Glockster Patriot

:)

:cool:

Just got home from shooting the match.

Weather was cool & cloudy early on but started to get sunny when we left.

R/O's were plentiful, readily identifiable, & were a GREAT group of guys!! ;f Very helpful & easy going.

Shot the match with my kids & wife (she did OUTSTANDING!! especially since she has only been shooting her G-23 for about a month now, with factory loaded ammo.) I am very proud of her performance! ;f

DID NOT CARE for the "Sign-In" sheets. They seemed to slow things down. Only other concern was on the Plates. This didn't happen to me, but several "guardian" competitors were limited to shoot/load only 7 rounds. Again, this happened to only two people I know, so I am not sure what happened.

Met a heck of a nice guy, Kurt Von Rice, and had a great time with the family!
    ;f

;a

3. DannyR

The only category with a 7-round limit is Major Sub, which is open to all contestants,including Amateur Guardian.;)

4. TFAT Glockster

TFAT Glockster Patriot

Danny,

I am aware of this, I shot the class. But the two guys that shot with our group were shooting amateur guardian & were told to only load 7 rounds. One was shooting a G-23 & the other a G-22. ;d

5. DannyR

Then they were told wrong and should have complained to the MD. It's important for all competitors to know and understand the rules, because not all RO's do.

6. GeorgeCA

GeorgeCA Millennium Member

I attended Saturday, I brought my wife and three kids and had a great time! The RO's were great! I just wish I would have shot better, oh well it was fun any ways.

Thank you GSSF:)

7. ghostwn

ghostwn Ghost Member

I shot there on Saturday, RO's were great, spoke briefly with the Glock Armorer and had a great time. :cool:

8. rljan

rljan

Just got back from Norco. The weather was great & everyone was a pleasure to deal with. The armorer replaced most of the innards of my old G23 and replaced the bushing in my G19. He explained that that was the cause of my stovepipes. Good to know it wasn't me that caused them. I'm trying to talk my wife into making the trip to Mesa for the next shoot. Great fun.

9. Eric1963

Eric1963

I shot the Norco tournament on Sunday, April 4, with a stock G21. This is my first outdoor GSSF match, and this, for me, was just for experience, not for a score. My attitude was to relax, and focus on accuracy not speed. Here is my $.02:

I initially used reloads and got 3 jams. Fortunately, 45 caliber PMC ammo for my G21 was available at the range for $14, and this saved me. Lesson: Reloads are for training only!

I have no idea how I did, but I am sure the results will be posted on the internet shortly. Next time, I will enter in two categories: Amateur Civilian (G21) and Unlimited (G34 with Vanek trigger). I will simply shoot each stage twice, one with the and one with the G34.

I thought I would see people with scopes mounted on their Glocks, but saw absolutely no one with a scoped piece.

The Glock armorers were the best part. I got my Glock detail cleaned with a new recoil spring...all for free! The Glock armorer spent about 30 minutes cleaning my gun, explaining each step in detail. Those Glock armorers sure know their stuff, and are very nice people. This alone was worth the $35 registration fee.

10. elsolo

elsolo

Turnout at Norco was a little over 220 shooters, according to the GSSF representatives. I hope everybody had a great time.

11. Apeman

Apeman Token White Guy

I'm glad everyone had a good time. I was one of the RO's. We worked very hard all day Friday getting everything ready. I had a great time meeting everyone. I would also like to thank everyone that help keep things moving. All the old timers helping with the newbies by either describibg the coarse or even helping those with only 2 mags reload their mags. Every little bit helps move things along.
    I got to shoot on Sunday, and did way better than I did in Boulder. I only had a couple of fliers, and managed a 6 second average on the plates.
    weather was great, but still managed to go home looking like a lobster just out of the pot.;6

Did anyone get over to the steel match on sunday? It was pretty fun too. I didn't get a chance to break away long enough to shoot the IPSC match on Saturday, but checked out the stages and it looked like a fun time.

12. g34racer

g34racer

TFAT Glockster-
    It was nice to meet you as well, and keep your wife shooting, she was doing very well :)

Kurt

13. Dogcatcher

Dogcatcher

This was my first GSSF match, but I had a good time. I must admit, I was a little disappointed with my performance immediately after I shot, but after seeing the results I feel much better. I shot my G17 in the amateur/sub division and placed 16 out of 34 - my G17 in the amateur/civilian division and place 10th out of 97~2 This definately will not be my last match.

Thanks to all that encouraged me to go.

D