Glock 17 Nooooob here w/G17C, don't really need night sights but want better daytime shooting

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Getwild2, Nov 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

I bought a Glock 17 Compensated used for a spectacular deal. I have the overwhelming urge to upgrade everything I buy so that takes me to my quesiton.

I hope to never need to shoot at night but I would like some new sights that are better in the daytime but could also shoot at night if need be. I like the TRUGLO Tritium sights and I've heard good things about the HiViz.

What do you think?

BTW, I want to replace front and rear.

2. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

3. RRPD1

RRPD1

Getwild2,

Check out the post on this board in reference to the new Dawson fixed sights. They come with tritium inserts (trijicon). You won't be sorry. This new sight is simply outstanding.

4. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"I would like some new sights that are better in the daytime..."

Personally would put straight black-on-black steel sights on first if you intend to practice/shoot it a lot, before choosing nite-sights. May find you like a thinner, .125" front post, like Heinie's or Novak's .135, etc. than the short, fat ones like Trijicon, etc.

5. Terminator

Terminator

Check out the GT-502 Combat sights from AmeriGlo.
    http://www.ameriglo.com/

They have a .115 front and .200 rear all steel construction and costs less than $50.00
    I have them on mine and love them.

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Nice sight pic! Very similar to what I did awhile back by ordering the .120 front with my Aro-Tek sets (.150 rear notch) instead of the one that normally comes with it, and the price is right there as well. ^c My GSSF gun gets a setup like that. Good solution.

Full disclosure: I have tried the TruGlo TFO's on an instructor's G26 and they're very nice for filling both roles, although I don't think they'll yield the precision of black target sights.

Like holsters, you may get lucky, or you may end up with a bin on the bench with several sets of sights you've tried.
    Congrats on your 17C - Good luck.
    :)

7. .45SureShot

.45SureShot

How can a solid black sight be more accurate than ones with dots, either white or night sites. I am mainly looking for target shooting, and am not crazy about the U rear site that comes stock.
    ~Alex

8. Terminator

Terminator

Check these out and see what were talking about.
    No harm in looking is there?
    The sight picture allows more light around the front blade which in turn allows for a more precise shot. If you try these you will be a believer.

9. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I agree. +1 on the Heinies.