close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Non-Resident CCW Permits (Nevada,Oregon,Washington)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Fivestones, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Fivestones

Fivestones

Hey there,

Not sure if this belongs here or not, I apologize if not.

I live in Idaho, and should have my CCW anytime now. But I was thinking, I travel to Nevada, and through Oregon to Washington often. I was curious if there is a Non-Resident permit that covers all or at least 2 of these states? I'm just wondering if there is a way to get around buying all 3 states?

Also, Do you absolutely need to be in person to apply? And do they take the same amount of time? Sorry if its a stupid question, I though someone else may have been in the same situation at one point or another.

Thanks!

2. hatidua

hatidua

3. swinokur

swinokur

To obtain a NV CCW, you must take the NV CCW class from a NV certified instructor in Nevada. I just took mine last December in Las Vegas from Kurt Gepke. His web site is www.teamdigit.com.

NV does not recognize an ID or a WA permit.

In NV, you must live fire qualify with each brand, model and caliber of semi auto you wish to carry. The instructor who teaches the class conducts the live fire qual as part of the class.Each weapon you qual with is listed on the back of your permit. Any revolver can be used to qualify.

4. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

You must apply in person in WA. I just called them this week.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Crappy those three states border each other and they don't have reciprocity agreements

6. Fivestones

Fivestones

Yeah, and me living in Idaho, we honor every states permit, but very few honor ours. Looks like I will end up with 4 seperate permits. Ah well. Thank a ton for all the replies! I really do appreciate it!

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

You know, I was looking at this very thing yesterday, trying to figure out what states honor everybody's permit... Unless noted, these are both Non-Res and Resident permits

Alaska(where anyone legal can carry)
    Arizona
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Michigan (Resident Only)
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Tennessee
    Utah
    Vermont (where anyone legal can carry)

That's really not to bad when you stop and think about it... I'm not a traveler, so Non-Res permits don't really matter to me, but there's some places you can go if you have a permit.

8. implexant

implexant

Because Idaho borders Oregon, you can get a non-resident permit there. I'm a WA resident and received my non-resident permit no problem. You will need to write a letter explaining your reasoning for wanting the non-resident permit, and provide the application via mail. Then they'll set up a time for you to have a meeting at the Sheriff's office. I applied in Multnomah County, not sure where you'd be applying. So yes, it would require an in-state visit.

Someone already mentioned it, but yes, Washington would also require an in-state visit for the application, but you would be able to get one. I'm a resident and applied for mine in Clark County.

If you're traveling up/down the I-5 corridor you could schedule everything so that you stop in Multnomah County (Portland area) and then travel up north and apply in Clark County (Vancouver) area and then be on your way.

Take the time to get both of the permits; I can tell you from experience its nice to not have to worry about traveling between states when you have both permits nicely tucked away. Not having a permit for a state you frequent would be awful!

-Chris