close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Non-OEM Glock Connector at GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ripplingh2o, Jun 27, 2002.

1. ripplingh2o

ripplingh2o

Well, I've hesitated to ask (because of the answer I may receive) but...I'm shooting the Minnesota GSSF match next month and am I going against the rules because the 3.5# connector I've got in my Glock isn't "made by Glock". Or...how can I tell IF it IS "made by Glock" or not? I bought it aftermarket and installed it myself. Or am I being paranoid? I've read postings about most all shooters use 3.5# connectors in stock class regardless. Just want to be sure. Thanks.

:)

2. traithe

traithe

If the armorer sees it, he will have them disqualify you from the match. I think the may give you the option to re-shoot with a Glock part, but this may be up to the local RO's. This happened to a guy at last years Hoosier Classic. I was watching the safety video when he brought it in for the armorer to check his Glock. He had a non-OEM connector and when I got out to the line to shoot there was an RO looking for all of his score sheets. I think they were going to let him reshoot, but the existing score sheets were invalidated. Do this at your own risk. The GSSF is supposed to be a low-key fun competition. It is best to follow the rules.

3. THE VOID

THE VOID

Bad taste still lingers.

Enjoy the match. They're a blast.

Dayton

4. ripplingh2o

ripplingh2o

I take exception to you "the void" with your heartless comment of "cheat if you want to". I won't expend the effort or time debating the issue of who uses what type of 3.5# connector. Someone please tell me then, how do I determine if my connector is glock made or not?
    Thank you.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Rob;
    If I remember correctly the Glock 3.5# connector should have a (-) itched on it, the 5# connector has no marking and the 8# has a (+) itched on it.

6. ripplingh2o

ripplingh2o

Thank you Don. Appreciate your no nonsense answer. Glock 3.5# connector or not, I will put the stock 5# back in for the shoot since I will be shooting stock class.

7. JGO

JGO

Those marks indicate weight and are on connectors made by Glock and others. Other than Glock, the most popular connector is the one made by Scherer (sp). They have an S stamped on them. Glock connectors have no trademark on them at all.

8. THE VOID

THE VOID

I thought I read it with the "am I" reversed to "I am". It sure read differently that way and putting a "?" in place of the ".". I thought that would be pretty bold to post, thus my ugly remark.
    I take it back and owe you one.

Welcome aboard you will soon be addicted to GSSF, D-1 targets and falling metal plates.

Now I need to figure out how to edit/delete my first post. It has no place here with these nice people.

Dayton

9. ripplingh2o

ripplingh2o

Dayton,

Kudos to you for your "apology". I respect any man all the more who can reverse a previously made statement that may have been made in haste. Yes I do look forward to the Oakdale match. It'll be my first GSSF shoot and I know July is going to go by ever so slowly.

10. njl

njl

That S is way down at the bottom of the connector. You'd have to completely disassemble the receiver to see it. OTOH, something like a Ghost Rocket connector would be obvious in a simple field stripping, but who field strips their gun at the firing line?

The armorer story sounds fishy to me. Last match I went to, I shot 2 categories and brought 5 Glocks with me. Had I asked the armorer to look at one of them, and he found non-Glock parts in it, how's he supposed to know I'm shooting that gun in the match?
    When I signed in, I was asked which guns I'd be shooting, and I said (truthfully) that I hadn't decided yet. They only wanted to know for statistics keeping...not to put on my score sheets, so I gave them a best guess.

11. traithe

traithe

I don't think the guy that had the non-OEM connector realized what he had. I think he was having some problems with his gun and when the armorer checked it out he found the connector. Whatever the brand was, it was rather obvios to the armorer, who made a remoark about it immediately. Like I said earlier, I was watching the safety video and did think to much about it until they were going to all the shooting stations looking for his score sheet at the same time I was dropping mine off. He may have had more non-OEM parts, but the connector is what stands out in my mind.

12. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

So bring them both. Ask the armorer (before you start shooting) if he can identify your connector. If it's not Glock, you have the 5#, if it is, leave the 3.5# in.