close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Non Glock Magazines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JacobA, Jul 6, 2004.

1. JacobA

JacobA

Does anyone have any experience with non-glock magazines? I’ve seen several Scherer magazines for sale but I’m very hesitant to use anything that hasn’t been make made by Glock.

2. 22highcaps

22highcaps

I have three Scherer super hi-caps for my Glock 22. They are not as nice as Glock 18 mags but those are super hard to find and I think they are for 9mm only. If you get Scherer mags and have feed problems, disassemble the mag, look in side the tube, and clean out any burrs left by the molding process. If you have problems achieving slide lock with them, stretch the springs or replace them with Wolf springs. As for my expirence using the mags, I would prefer not to use them in situations where my life depended on it but for range use there is nothing like blasting off 29 consecutive rounds. Except maybe 33 consecutive rounds for all of you 9mm people.

3. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

I am not a salesman and I don't work for Glock Inc. Although I'm a big fan of saving money if you can get the same thing for less, it doesn't apply in this particular case. I highly recommend using only Glock mags in Glocks. There have been countless threads over the course of time that back this up in fact. In short, good thinking but don't do it.

4. JacobA

JacobA

Thanks for the info guys!!