close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Non-dipped LCI on .40s

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PAGunner, Aug 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PAGunner

PAGunner

As some of you know, I haven't exactly been a fan of erratic ejection & BTF. We now know Glock has the updated the extractor to MIM non-dipped, not exactly what all of us were hoping for, but it does seem to have fixed the issue for many, according to reports, with HKLovingIt's 19 being one notable exception. I'm considering buying a gen4 to test out, but I've been wanting a .40.

With that said, does anyone know if the newer dated .40s are coming with the non-dipped extractor?

And befor the Kool aid drinkers hit this thread, I'm aware there are plenty of trouble free .40s, I get this, but a good number still have/had problems and I want to give myself the best chance possible of having a trouble free Glock, especially considering I want a 23 and for reasons I don't fully understand, compacts seem more susceptible to BTF/EE than subs or full size.

2. tercel89

tercel89

I would try a new Gen 3 .40 . My department just issued us newer (I had a Gen 2 G22 for 14 yrs) G22's with the finger grooves and light rail since we are now carrying G22's with attached lights . So far mine has been great . No erratic ejection nor malfunctions.
    I like the Gen 3's over the 4's.

3. tercel89

tercel89

Also another thing if you want an excellent functioning G23 would be to find a used Gen 2 G23 . An older police turn-in . Man those are still dang near mint inside with the only wear being on the outside but hey , the wear gives it character:cool:
    I got a older police turn-in Gen 2 G17 2-pin made in 1997 and it's my favorite Glock. Lots of wear on the outside from holstering and stuff but the internals were virgin .
    Go look at robertsontradingpost.com . They are just a few counties from me in Tennessee and they are a family owned business and good people. That is where I got mine. They have police turn-in Glock 23's for $399 . They may have outside wear but they function like a well oiled sewing machine . You can order them online and have them sent to your FFL .