Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not necessarily pre-85 production, but this was the first manual for European civilian models. I have a B series 17 that was imported into the US at some point after initial production and came with that manual. The A series US guns started production at least a year before this B, but came with the Nov ‘85. Just speculating here, but I would guess they printed this one first and used it for non-US markets then made the ‘85 version once they started importing to the US. Stateside, that manual is much harder to find than an ‘85 so I’d expect it to sell somewhere between the normal $1,000 price of an ‘85 and the $2500 price we just saw for a P80 manual.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Along with $1000.00 opener. Should have done a no-reserve on this. At least one heavy hitter here may not care and meet that.

Rare Early Glock 17 Gen 1 Instruction Manual - Vintage European Version | eBay

I need at least 2 of these. And at that opening I will continue to still need 2.
A few short years ago I was caught up in bidding on that 85 that went for around $1500.00. I stopped near or at that number. I wanted a 85 so bad.
I look back on that and I am thankful I did not win. I do not think another 85 manual has topped that.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Along with $1000.00 opener. Should have done a no-reserve on this. At least one heavy hitter here may not care and meet that.

Rare Early Glock 17 Gen 1 Instruction Manual - Vintage European Version | eBay

I need at least 2 of these. And at that opening I will continue to still need 2.
A few short years ago I was caught up in bidding on that 85 that went for around $1500.00. I stopped near or at that number. I wanted a 85 so bad.
I look back on that and I am thankful I did not win. I do not think another 85 manual has topped that.
I'm just glad it was in A+ condition! AF020 was were it needed to go!

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Worth it my friend. You have the lowest AF that I am aware of.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I really can see both sides: on the one hand, they’re only going up in value. But on the other hand, they’re still so obscure that you are likely to find them at cheap prices given enough time. And on the third hand, sometimes it’s worth paying a premium so that you can stop spending all your time searching and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I absolutely agree with you on increase in value going forward.
But who of us would sell a early manual anyways?
We all need more of them.

As it is with the prices on the accessories like they are the completes may never surpass a part out. New and old collectors will always still be looking for these items to complete handguns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts