Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if the non black factory glock frames are cerakoted or is the color in the polymer itself. I would think the latter.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Glock makes color molded frames in 8 colors, and 8 colors only:
  1. black
  2. OD (‘Olive Drab’)
  3. BFG (‘Battle Field Green’) – exclusive distributor is Amchar in N.Y.
  4. FDE (‘Flat Dark Earth’) – exclusive distributor is Lipsey’s in LA
  5. gray – exclusive distributor is Lipsey’s in LA
  6. red
  7. blue
  8. coyote (only with the Glock 19X)

Red and blue are only used in training guns (17R, 22P, 17T, etc.). Any other colors (purple, burnt bronze, red & blue, pink, white, Robin’s egg blue, ‘battle worn’, American Flag, dessert sand, etc.) are aftermarket. Additionally, factory slides have only ever been made in black, coyote (19X), and the silver slides on the 43X and 48. Anything else (NiBx, FDE, gray, etc.) are done after the gun leaves the factory - usually by a distributor.

https://glockcollector.info/2017/10/15/glock-factory-colors-and-finishes-vs-aftermarket/

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glock makes color molded frames in 8 colors, and 8 colors only:
  1. black
  2. OD (‘Olive Drab’)
  3. BFG (‘Battle Field Green’) – exclusive distributor is Amchar in N.Y.
  4. FDE (‘Flat Dark Earth’) – exclusive distributor is Lipsey’s in LA
  5. gray – exclusive distributor is Lipsey’s in LA
  6. red
  7. blue
  8. coyote (only with the Glock 19X)

Red and blue are only used in training guns (17R, 22P, 17T, etc.). Any other colors (purple, burnt bronze, red & blue, pink, white, Robin’s egg blue, ‘battle worn’, American Flag, dessert sand, etc.) are aftermarket. Additionally, factory slides have only ever been made in black, coyote (19X), and the silver slides on the 43X and 48. Anything else (NiBx, FDE, gray, etc.) are done after the gun leaves the factory - usually by a distributor.

https://glockcollector.info/2017/10/15/glock-factory-colors-and-finishes-vs-aftermarket/
Came to post exactly this. The one fad that I have yet to understand is the prevalence of Tiffany Blue in firearms and firearm accessories. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was in my LGS and a lady was buying a handgun. She ended up going with a 43X. She picked the "pastel purple" one over Black or silver slide, because she like it. Hey, if it makes you happy, get whatever color you prefer.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I like my G-43X, it is a fine little shooter.
It has the Silver Slide, I would rather have had the Black Slide, but it doesn't bother me.
When I carry it, it is Concealed, and no one knows I have it.
If I had to Draw it, it would be followed by a very loud noise, The person that caused me to draw would not care if it had been Purple.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Came to post exactly this. The one fad that I have yet to understand is the prevalence of Tiffany Blue in firearms and firearm accessories. :rolleyes:
Tiffany Blue is the color of Tiffany Jewelers. They are very high end and are a very high status symbol. The color it's says you are very special to certain types of materialistic women. Kind of how the *bling* of diamonds and gold colored trinkets attract a certain type of customer.

Th other female color is purple. I for one would love to have a purple Glock even though I am a guy. It is very pimp like which I have a certain affinity for. If Glock made a purple frame that is through and through in the plastic I'd buy it in a second.

I am hesitant to buy cerakote because I am afraid it will scratch. I have no evidence of that though. I would like to see a well carried cerakoted Glock so I would know.

·
NRA Life Member
66,538 Posts
How is that hard to understand? Glock uses bright colors, red and blue, to identify training guns that don't fire real bullets, so you don't mix them up. Remington has orange shotguns, for example.

The other companies that use a similar blue use it to identify their brand - especially in reloading where color is the main brand identifier - Dillon blue, Lee red, RCBS green, Lyman orange, Redding "ugly hospital green," etc.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Th other female color is purple. I for one would love to have a purple Glock even though I am a guy. It is very pimp like which I have a certain affinity for. If Glock made a purple frame that is through and through in the plastic I'd buy it in a second.
Your candor regarding unconventional aesthetic preferences is legendary! Made me chuckle. I too would love a deep purple Glock, just because I like the color. Had a Taurus TCP in yellow for a while. May have pre-ordered a Robin Egg Blue P80 serialized frame recently. Not sure why I have a fondness for bright colors. Perhaps being a cartoon character I have a strong affinity for colorful things.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Does anyone know if Blue Label pistols come in any color except black? One of my LGS had a green frame G34 in the LE case,don't know which green it was.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I kind of like the Turquoise & Cream with Chrome parts.
Reminds me of a 57 Chevy, always wanted one.
Seems like it was a Kimber in 380. I would probably never shoot it. But I Would Drive a Chevy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Your candor regarding unconventional aesthetic preferences is legendary! Made me chuckle. I too would love a deep purple Glock, just because I like the color. Had a Taurus TCP in yellow for a while. May have pre-ordered a Robin Egg Blue P80 serialized frame recently. Not sure why I have a fondness for bright colors. Perhaps being a cartoon character I have a strong affinity for colorful things.
I do like certain colors.

Some 30 years ago in school I had a pair of Jordan 5's. Emerald Green and Grape. I loved those shoes and bought a bunch more over the years when they were reissued as "retros".

Green and Purple have a certain aesthetic. If you match certain colors on a color wheel from art class, certain colors just "match". I can't remember how it works but there is science behind it.

As much as I like certain colors, all I wear is black, multi cam black or kryptek tactical style clothing.

I guess we are originals.

Enjoy the Tiffany Blue. I wish they COULD call it that but for copyright infringement from Tiffany.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Does anyone know if Blue Label pistols come in any color except black? One of my LGS had a green frame G34 in the LE case,don't know which green it was.
You can get the 19X on Blue Label. Some OD, too, I've heard.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,294 Posts
I like my G-43X, it is a fine little shooter.
It has the Silver Slide, I would rather have had the Black Slide, but it doesn't bother me.
When I carry it, it is Concealed, and no one knows I have it.
If I had to Draw it, it would be followed by a very loud noise, The person that caused me to draw would not care if it had been Purple.
Like ladies undergarments? :couch:

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I like the Robin's Egg Blue. Might have to get one someday. I can always tell the guys it's my wife's. :oops:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts