Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to two gun stores that claim that they're all ambidextrous.

What gives?

Or did I misread when I heard they came just with the one-sided mag release?

Screw left handed people they should be in a zoo. :tongueout::supergrin:

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
There are non-ambi 21SF's.......they just want to sell you what they have in stock or access to!!!!!! :upeyes:

Not sure how to guide you.....help will be here shortly.:wavey:

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Since I own a G21SF with the non-ambi mag release, I can assure you that the gunstore clerks are full of it!

(I also own one with the ambi release. I prefer non-ambi.)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
I am in Canada so I hope that doesn't hinder the non-ambis. But I don't see why they would only import ambi..

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I asked about it at a local store and they hadn't heard of it either so they called their distributor and were told to order the CA (California) approved 21 sf and it will come with only the left side mag release... and 2 10 round mags.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I asked about it at a local store and they hadn't heard of it either so they called their distributor and were told to order the CA (California) approved 21 sf and it will come with only the left side mag release... and 2 10 round mags.
Sorry about the Clintonized magazines; it wasn't my idea! Look on the bright side; since you live in a Free State, you can order up a whole truckload of standard-capacity magazines for the CA-approved G21SF--and they don't have to be the newer ambi-compatible ones either! :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The way the california law is written, it is completely unenforceable except for firearms that didn't exist prior to the ban. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The only way I have seen the Non Ambi around here is on the LEO rack. so Im still wating..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here you go... part numbers:

21SF Glock light rail, night sites, and standard mag release: PF2150701

21SF Glock light rail, fixed sites, and standard mag release: PF2150201

Happy hunting!

·
Pig Herder
170 Posts
I ordered a 21SF standard Glock rail, standard mag release a few months (well, end of February) back. Any idea what the wait time is on these?

·
My Little Men!
138 Posts
I was told the only ones you can get here in Mid TN with out a long wait are the ambi ones. But I took some sandpaper and sanded one side off dern near flush and smoothed it up. And from what I understand all new 21 mags are ambi compatible.

·
Private side
11,500 Posts
Since I own a G21SF with the non-ambi mag release, I can assure you that the gunstore clerks are full of it!

(I also own one with the ambi release. I prefer non-ambi.)
Yeah, what hey said.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I've been to two gun stores that claim that they're all ambidextrous.

What gives?

Or did I misread when I heard they came just with the one-sided mag release?

Screw left handed people they should be in a zoo. :tongueout::supergrin:
Left handers don't care anything about the ambi mag release. I've got a non-ambi, Glock rail 21SF. I've also got the ambi, pic rail version. I'm left handed and I don't use my thumb to release the mag with the ambi version. I use the side of the middle knuckle of my bird finger. You righties might want to give it a try with the ambi version. So far as I know the 30SF only comes with the non-ambi version.

(I do put an ambi safety on my 1911's)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The way the california law is written, it is completely unenforceable except for firearms that didn't exist prior to the ban. Trust me on this one.
What about mags that did not exist prior to the ban, such as the 13 rnd 21SF mag with the cutout on the front?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts