No thanks NRA!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 'Ol Grandad, Sep 19, 2019.

1. kbrGlock

kbrGlock

NRA IS DEAD. GOA IS ALIVE AND UN-ABORTED!

2. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

Damn the NRA, I’m a member of the greatest firearms association there is....I’m a US citizen, they issued me a membership card at birth

3. Jonesee

Jonesee

I'm sure you agree that whatever the SCOTUS determines is constitutional is law enforcement's guide. There is no discretion beyond that.

Is that correct?

4. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Michael Bloomberg thanks you all and so do the shills at astroturf EveryTown for Firearms Confiscation.

Just Glocks and ROGER4314 like this.
  5. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

SCOTUS is not willing to hear all unconstitutional laws meaning the law stands as written this is their out of removing any unconstitutional gun infringements

And it's pretty simple only 2 questions need to be answered in layman's terms no mubo jumpo !
    1 define infringement
    2 does the people have a 2nd amendment granted to them by God or not! Government has no say !

Stevekozak and nrajeff like this.
  6. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

He has subjugated the mission of this vitally important institution to his ego. As others have noted above, if he truly cared about the NRA and its mission, he'd resign. Instead, he has needlessly wasted the organization's money and political capital resisting long-overdue reforms.

Wow! I never realized that Liberal anti-gun queen Diane Feinstein posted on GT! Did she dictate that to you or send it via Email? No question about what side you're on!

If Liberals and people like you, despise the NRA, Wayne and company must be doing something right!

Flash

Jan R Whitaker and jp 19 like this.
  7. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

:flag: :cheers:

knoxrocks222, Stevekozak and Pierre! like this.
  8. Jonesee

Jonesee

If the SCOTUS makes a judgement, is validity of a law beyond the choice of law enforcement?

9. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Actually no they are a government agency that over the years have made their selves irrelevant just guessing they ever help government with a take their guns order they will find out just how irrelevant they really are
    Again just guessing because of the # of Patriots I know !
    Do you think money can persuade a Supreme Court decision ?

10. Jonesee

Jonesee

I sincerely hope you are not a LEO.

11. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Would never take a government job.
    You think it's ok then for law enforcement to enforce RedFlag laws that offers due process only of you can afford it and leaves a mental off man in the neighborhood full of children with maybe a butcher knife !

12. Jonesee

Jonesee

I never said any such thing.
    Our total conversation was regarding enforcement of laws upheld by the SCOTUS.

Clearly we are done with that conversation.

If you would like to start another thread I will read it.

Clear enough?

13. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

Flash,

I think you have read enough of my posts over the years to know that your name calling is off-base. It is possible for adults to disagree on an issue without losing grip of their sensibilities or manners. (A frequent criticism, by the way, that many of us on GT have leveled at left-wing extremists.)

Surely you can distinguish, as I and so many others have in this thread, between an important organization with a critical mission, and its deeply flawed leader who has outlived his usefulness to that organization.

When the best interests of the organization are no longer the priorities of its leader, it's time for a new leader.

The Shadow and Just Glocks like this.
  14. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Or an English teacher.

Jonesee likes this.
  15. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Thanks for the Heads Up Terry!

Good to know other organizations are getting Out There...

Trust me, it's not the first time I've been wrong with a "wide sweeping statement"... but you provided the additional information I need to adjust my thinking going forward... :cheers:

Stay in the Fight Terry!
    :waving:

16. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

Insulting and attempting to drive away members, or potential members, is not the sign of a base that’s committed to the cause.

Sadly, it’s members like you, who keep the NRA toxic to many people. Congrats, you’re strangling the very cause you claim to support.

Just Glocks and F14A like this.
  17. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

The 2nd Amendment exists as written to protect us from the possibility of a tyrannical government. Last time I checked, the SCOTUS was part of the Judicial Branch of the US Government. So, if the government is tyrannical, then it stands to reason that the SCOTUS's ruling are not likely to be Constitutional. Law Enforcement Officers should have no mandate to enforce unconstitutional laws. I can get you a Schoolhouse Rock video to help you out, if necessary.

The Shadow and Just Glocks like this.
  18. Jonesee

Jonesee

Other than your sophomoric insult...
    I trust the SCOTUS far more than I trust the judgement of the average cop on the street.

Especially when it comes to constitutional law.

I guess you and I will have to disagree.

Oh btw, can you tell me where schoolhouse rock states the local cop is above the SCOTUS?

I'll post the video if it will help.

View: https://youtu.be/YMY6lOVjQgs

knoxrocks222 and Dbltap22 like this.
  19. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I think you have read enough of my posts over the years to know that your name calling is off-base.

Sorry buddy,
    Your pinpoint focus on issues with Wayne La Pierre and the NRA displays an obsessive bias. It takes real skill to look at that person or organization and see absolutely NOTHING good! Bail out if you must, but why do you need to poison the well for others?

There MUST be a payoff for the kind off venom that you display! What's YOUR payoff? Why do you do this? What do you get out of siding with the Liberals and tearing down the NRA to poison the attitudes of others?

I continue to support the NRA, imperfect though it may be, in spite of the harping of Bloomberg styled shills. There is NO way that I'll abandon the folks who have done so much for me!

God Bless the NRA!
    God Bless Texas!

Flash

20. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

If the pilot of my plane is operating it in a dangerous and unprofessional manner and I announce to the other passengers, "The pilot is no longer capable of flying this plane; the co-pilot should take over," you can be damn certain that I remain committed to the cause of seeing my plane land safely.

Making excuses to let an impaired pilot keep flying isn't "loyalty," "patriotism," or "supporting the cause." It's folly.

It is because of our loyalty to the cause that so many of us are calling out the perverse priorities of Wayne LaPierre.

He is the cancerous limb that must be amputated to save the life of the organization so many of us believe in.

Wayne LaPierre is NOT the NRA.

It's unfortunate that he has somehow convinced you and Flash that he is.